Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small time heroes

Options
  • 22-03-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

To the two young lads who got up to give an elderly lady and a woman with a baby their seats on the 5.05 train to Sligo last Thursday - hats off!!! The middle aged men just sat there as the old lady passed but the youngster stood up to the mark and showed great manners.

Has anyone else good 'hero' stories to tell rather than always berating the human race?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

A few years ago my dad had to collect my uncle from hospital in Dublin and had set off on the three-hour journey from Sligo without a mobile phone, when a call came through to our house that my uncle was being kept in for further observation and wouldn't be going home that day.

I don't know where she got the idea but my mum called the guards in Carrick-on-Shannon in a panic and they got a Garda to wait for my Dad's car on a particular stretch of road and pull him over and tell him to go home again... He would have driven all the way to Dublin before he found out otherwise. To this day I think they went above the call of duty and that young Garda has been a hero in our house!

P.S. This was before we had crime in Ireland and was therefore not a waste of police resources! ;)

Advertisement