Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narky and short-tempered

Options
  • 22-03-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    11 weeks off the smokes tomorrow - never noticed the transition, and at first, I only had the odd (very mild) urge to smoke. Didn't seem to have any withdrawal symptoms at all.
    But for the last fortnight, I've been really snappy, a walking anti-christ at times - can the nicotine do this after such a long time off them?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Not really.
    Tiredness maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

No, trouble sleeping though - tossing and turning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i suffered with this too it went away after about 6 months and consntaly easing from about 2 months on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Getting much exercise? I was the same for the first few weeks, ran the aggression out of me. Slept better too.
    Give it a go, even a bit of a walk will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Thanks for the replies!

You might have hit the nail on the head caoibhinn - bad weather has me playing xbox as opposed to getting some fresh air!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Hi guys,

I'm off the smokes since October 07, no cravings or with-drawls, don't even miss them and I've been smoking since I was a kid (over 50 now). I used those new tablets Champix (expensive but worth it), check them out with your doctor, cannt be bought over the counter..............:cool:

Advertisement