Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb Mobile BB performance lately

Options
  • 22-03-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Just me, or has the performance of it seriously gone bad this month? :confused:

e.g. - I used to score average of 1400 kb download 1000 kb upload on speedtest.net . Now I'm getting pathetic rates of 70 // 50.

Really frustrating this week where my connection just continously stops responding. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Was pretty crap at one point yesterday. I'm using it from Clonee.
    Tell me now. Does Digiweb Mobile BB come with any free email addresses or webspace?

You see, my dad ordered it when I was away and there doesnt seem to be any accompanying documentation with it. Plus the phone lines are closed today.

I'd also like to know the IP address of the router so I can stop my neighbours getting free WiFi by blocking their MAC address. Anyone know the IP of the router?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

See
    http://www.digiweb.ie/support/metro/diginetsetup.asp?i=180&i2=181&i6=198

http://webmail.digiweb.ie/diginet/

May work on Digiweb Mobile to create an account. I haven't tested it. Obviously if you use Metro or Digiweb Wireless or Digiweb DSL and create a Digiweb Email account both Webmail and POP3/SMTP versions will work on Digiweb Mobile.

MAC address blocking does not work.

if you are using a router go Start | Run |Cmd
    type ipconfig
    the gateway or DNS IP is the router IP.

Then you can make sure you are using WPA. Ensure you write down the new password first. Each PC/Laptop needs the same WPA PSK AES long random key.

If you experience a big change in performance at the SAME location contact Support. There are people over the holiday in the NOC. They probably don't get ordinary Internet support calls, I don't know if there are any regular support people before Tuesday.

(P.S. ftp.heanet.ie is down and they can't get their server fixed by Dell before Tuesday either).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .:iE/Dixy

I am having no problems with speed consistant 2500kb down 850ish up in north Dublin.
    username: admin
    Pass: password
    Thats the default anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Nice one. Thanks guys.

Advertisement