Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Fest 08

Options
  • 22-03-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭

Anybody planning on heading down to the Franciscan Well, or been down yet this weekend? Gotta get my fix of Delirium Tremens in pint form!
    Anybody found any other beers down there they'd like to recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I probably won't go down, I prefer it when it's quiet. Got to get in and get myself some Friar Weisse sometime soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

newtons apple beer if they have it very nice.

I'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully they will have some Watou's Wit or Hommel. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Went down last night, it was too full and they weren't letting people in.

Boo hiss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it's like that for every beerfest :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

someone exlain???

Tree wrote: »
    it's like that for every beerfest :(

You have to get there around two or three o clock. It was very good this year, a much larger range of beers than the last few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Much better this year I thought too. Although long queues outside, and they had a token system that I don't remember from other years. You buy tokens for 2.25 each on the way in, then most beers are 2 tokens in the tent (no money taken).

Newton Apple and Maisel's Weisse were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tallulah_crack

newton apple
    +1

yum

plazzTT wrote: »

Newton Apple and Maisel's Weisse were good.

Dunnes Stores sell Maisel's Weisse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Dunnes Stores sell Maisel's Weisse.

That's great news! I was asking about it here a while back. Happy to taste it again at the Beer Fest.

Advertisement