Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get Metal BB's/Pelets?

Options
  • 22-03-2008 6:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hey looking to buy some metal bb's or lead pellets for my air rifle ... does anyone know any shops in the Athlone area which might sell them ?

Would places like woodys and the like perhaps have them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I take it you have a licence. Try a gun shop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

You can get them on E-bay so i dont think you need a licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

You can get them on E-bay so i dont think you need a licence.

You may be able to get them on e bay but you DO need a licence in this country !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Think about England, where because air rifles under 12 ft/lb are available without a cert, the pellets are sold over the counter. That's why they're available on eBay. Importing without having a cert though is going to net you a bucket of trouble if you're snared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Judgeing by his thread on the Airsoft forum he doesnt have a licence...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Dont think OP has a license going by the thread that got locked over
    on the airsoft board.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why do you need a licence for metal BB's? They're just like ball bearings, no? Does it not depend on their weight and the power of the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

For pellets for an air rifle, as opposed to BB's, you need a licence, as they're ammunition for a firearm in this country, where in Britain, below a certain level, it isn't considered a firearm and doesn't require a licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

even a crappy old daisy or bsa etc that if chrono'd is well below 12ft/lb ye still need a license.
    you need a license for an AIR RIFLE
    im still waitin on mine:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

actually is there any chance the op could post a pic of his air rifle?
    or look on the barrel etc for makers stamp etc?
    id seriously advise the op to hand it in to a barracks/ or dealer until he gets a license. if he posts the pic/details up, at least wed be able to say if it was worth botherin to get a license for, if its not id either hand it in or light the fire with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Would handing it into a Garda station have its own risks? They would be an awful amount of awkward questions to answer.

The thing is would a dealer ask as many questions and would a dealer be obliged to notify the Gardaí if an unlicenced firearm is handed into them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

flanum wrote: »
    actually is there any chance the op could post a pic of his air rifle?
    or look on the barrel etc for makers stamp etc?
    id seriously advise the op to hand it in to a barracks/ or dealer until he gets a license. if he posts the pic/details up, at least wed be able to say if it was worth botherin to get a license for, if its not id either hand it in or light the fire with it.

Iv a feeling he wont post in this thread again. Here is how he described it over on the Airsoft thread:
    Tak3n wrote: »
    .177 caliber if that means anything ... i dont exactly know... brought it back from the UK some years ago.
    Its a G-1015 repeater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 popedave4

I have a couple of air pistols, i am a member of a club and do hold a license, i live in deepest suburban Dublin and i think people are under the impression its difficult to get one legally, its not. Look up your local club online and pay them a visit, its easy and joining through a club means you are in a relatively healthy environment were the other members bestow safe practice etc. Ive got a Crossman just for plinking/rats down in Kerry.

Advertisement