Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helloooooooo [echo]

• 22-03-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

You'd never guess there was a season approaching it's been like a library round here. :eek:

Anybody out there? Are we alone in the universe? Are you there God/Stan?

I'll be transferring money on Tuesday, sorry for delay but life got a hold of me this month and business was slow in the Phoenix Park on these long cold winter nights.:D

Have we still got a team or wha then? The window of opportunity for pre-season friendlies is closing fast.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

resurecting the new season thread. i think des is too busy in hus BGRH forum for us at the moment. and oh ya, he went missing for a while, we were all very worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh come on Des, get your ass in gear. I'm busy with exams so that's why I haven't been on here bugging people :p Will be transferring money next week to. BOI yet to send me activation code for team account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Wow. Me, Ed and Martin posting. There's a surprise :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If people can't be arsed, then why should I tbh.

Who's not arsed?

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Who's not arsed?

people who have not paid martin. im pretty sure that is what he is on about. the season is only 2 weeks away and i bet only 10 people or so av paid. its not good enough really is it in all fairness, des deserves better and the team deserves better. this is our 4th season, money should be paid without hassle.

des, please post who has paid and who has not, you did that last season at the start. hopefully there is more than 10 and we can pay the entry fee for starters.

des, please give it one more try, for the sake of the team.

thanks.

I have not paid either but I certainly aint disinterested

I have not paid either but I certainly aint disinterested

is that fair on the rest of us? is that fair on des? not having a go here martin at you personally, cos theres about another 10 that havent paid, though i honestly hope im wrong with that and its only 3 or 4. The season is over for 4 weeks now and we have been talking about it for about 6, des sent the bank details a month ago.

end of the day, everybody can make excuses but theres always another way of doing it. for instance, i got one of the team to pay for me last year and i gave them the cash before they did it. i went out and set up online banking cos of boards to make sure i didnt have to do it this year(and the abuse des was giving me for not having it!!!:D)

lads, please get paid up tomorrow. thanks.

Ed, not everybody has the means to pay up 120 quid straight off. Personally I had to ask my parents for the money. I'm flat broke with doing the masters this year. Plus I have exams at the moment and there is no bank within walking distance of me. No BOI that is. When I recieve the activation code for the online banking I'll transfer the money. That's that. And yeh you can say I'm making excuses or whatever but when it comes to money it's not black and white with most people Ed. Just because some people haven't paid doesn't mean we couldn't have organised a kick about or something. Also I asked about a team meeting before the seasons start and about two people replied. No one bar about 5 or 6 of us take it seriously. That would be the major issue

when it comes to money it's not black and white with most people Ed.
    Mad, I had typed out the exact same thing but decided not to bother and just backed down. I don't care for having my financial situation, or lack thereof, discussed openly on boards for all the world to see. I said a couple of weeks back I'd need time, I asked for a deadline date and I still don't know what it is if I'm honest. I also asked about a friendly with my Sat team, again running into a dead end.
    No one bar about 5 or 6 of us take it seriously.
    The cold hard truth.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    The cold hard truth.

theres nothing we can do about it, as some of the team are not regular posters. i think ur picking up the wrong end of the stick here sav, this is noting personal about you or martin, this is a genuine appeal to get this sorted asap, to the whole team. your finances have nothing to do with me or anybody else for that matter.

des is obviously p***ed off and rightly so.correct me if im wrong, but i thought the deadline was a week or 2 ago.

anyway, look, just get it sorted as soon as you can, and DES, please respond. we need you man!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Reading this thread is pretty **** for ye guys. Had i a job and money i would have signed up for ye this year, alas after aprils rent i am literally penniless. If i get a job and can join mid season i will. Two weeks of busyness ahead with a few interviews so fingers crossed. Good luck with the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'd say I'm one of the lads that has access here but doesn't post regularly but I'll try to improve on that. I'd prefer to give my input at matches or training so hopefully if the weekly 5 aside gets organized we'll be able to get more of the teams viewpoint. I don't think you can say lads don't take it seriously if they don't post here, Its there commitment to training and matches that shows if they take it seriously.
    They were a lot of times last year when Des would get a text half an hour before a game from someone saying they couldn't make it, some were probably genuine but there was an element of "I'll play for boards when it suits me" towards the end of last season. Its the people with that attitude that is the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

With regards the money, ill be lodging it for me and probably lepo first thing in the morning

Im too hungover to make a point about regular posting, will do it at a later date!

I don't think anyone is saying post count has any relevance to performance on the field. But maybe we need to make clear what the collective stance is on the issue because in one hand you've the players with no regular access to the board (what county do you ppl live in btw?! no tinternets?!) and on the other hand you've the usual suspects posting on the "official" match threads.

IMHO there should be a discussion thread for every match but its proven to be a fairly unreliable method for sussing out numbers because half the team only confirm by text anyway.

Agree with Art there about people texting half an hour before games saying they cant go. What is with that? That's poor form. And imo people weren't being dropped for it either. But that's a discussion for another day. Not getting at anyone who had genuine excuses either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Agree with Art that its committment to training and matches that count - my post last night was pointing out that the forum doesn't reach all players so we shouldnt rely on it for making contact.

Defo agree about players texting late in the day saying they can't make it - that just lets everyone down, but in fairness I don't think we had that much of it.

Advertisement