Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My HDD window build

• 22-03-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

well i always wanted to see a HDD work, wand moving form file to file ect, never seen a raptorx up close and did not believe they were worth the money.
    There was a lot of negativity about the self modded window online but i wanted to have ago at it so i took an old 20GB drive nd a old pc window i was not using and gave it ago had nothin to loose and it works! looks class on a virus scan :).
    and all the old file structures are still intact.

1. opened the drive in the bathroom to avoid dust
    2.then wraped it in cling film as soon as possiable
    3.then went to work on the top plate
    4.covered it with the perspix from the pc window
    5.used a large amount of super glue to seal it
    6.wiped it down with alcohol wiped and used compresed air to dust it.
    7.replaced the cover as soon as the cling film is removed so it was exposed to the athmosphere for a total of a few seconds.
    8.enjoy.

am planning to paint the top of the perspix if possiable to hide the superglue air bubbles but will be for another day.

pics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I want one! :)

This just won't be the same with solid-state drives ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

wow... that looks... eh... ghetto ;)

Advertisement