Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what will i do? 3 coverage

• 22-03-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

I recently changed from 02 to 3
    Think it was a huge mistake.
    I was told that the signal would be covered by 087 cell if 3 wasnt available. I live 1/4 mile from a 087 phone mast and it constantly says no network coverage despite having full bars on the phone.
    Wont let me send msg, says not on home network.
    When i try to ring people it will just go beep beep beep and hang up on me and i'm constantly out of coverage when people are tryin to ring me....
    Should i run now while i have the chance or is it just a blip?
    Live in sligo btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

i bought a 3 mobile broadband thingy about 6 months back. And I brought it home, and it didn't have any coverage so I just brought it back and the people in the shop were really nice and gave me a full refund.
    It might be different for mobiles, but why not just bring it back and see what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Same here - had one of their phones last year and had kind of on/offish reception at home... 14 day no quibble! Full cash refund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

i've had this idea too but hoped it was justa blip. the phone i got it used now, will they still take it back? think my 14 days is up on monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If you have full bars then it's not a coverage issue.
    You can get the handset replaced up to 28 day's (14 day money back), and ask them for a replacement sim
    If you ported you number it might be a routing issue (doesn't sound like it but get them in store to check)
    Hope this helps:D

Walkman wrote: »
    If you have full bars then it's not a coverage issue.
    You can get the handset replaced up to 28 day's (14 day money back), and ask them for a replacement sim
    If you ported you number it might be a routing issue (doesn't sound like it but get them in store to check)
    Hope this helps:D
    I did bring the number from o2 and it was a bloody nightmare tbh.
    Will try a different phone for a few hours and see if there is ay change. thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

Honest answer, it sounds like a Equipment issue (phone/sim), go to the store before 14 days from purchase, get a replacement sim, and dont leave the store, try it, if it doesn't work, you have a faulty phone, try to exchange it, remember after 14 days ur in contract wit dem, tread carefully, don.t let let them send ur phone away for repair, hence the 14 days, then ya get stuck wit ur contract, if they won.t exchange it, Cancel, go to another network! Meteor, VF & O2 don.t have bad coverage at all in sligo. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Call their customer care and expilain you are having coverage issues and ensure they put a note on your account highlighting your issues, the above poster is correct they should replace the handset and sim.
    If you were having porting problems get them to look nto that also on both sides 3's and O2's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Been around Sligo on my 3 phone - have good 3g coverage in town and good Vodafone everywhere else I've been so as the other posters said it's probably a phone/sim/porting issue.

Thanks for everyones replys.
    Got a new sim card from them today, seems to have worked and everything seems fine at the moment.
    Got on to 3 and they extended the trial period for 1 day so if it messes up again i will have to cancel it tomorrow
    Thanks again guys

Just a small update.
    Still having problems after the replacement sim. Went in and they gave me a nokia to see if that made any difference. Got back to work after 15 min i couldnt call out even though it said i had coverage.
    Straight after work went back in, canceled the contract and got my money back tg.
    Into vodafone, signed up, same type phone and everything is as it should be.
    From the impression i got off the guys in 3 it is not the first time this has happened..

• Advertisement
Advertisement