Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accum. help

Options
  • 22-03-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Right I'm useless but love football and gaa accum's. used to include 6 or 7 teams but thought that was too many and dropped to 3 or 4 teams per bet. For example today I had;
    Coventy to beat Southampton
    Hearts " Falkirk
    Dundee Utd " Motherwell
    Galway u21 to beat Sligo
    Derry u21 " Fermanagh
    Tipp u21 " waterford
    Stuttgart to beat Rostock
    Aston Villa " Sunderland
    Nancy " Metz
    Austria Vienna " Sv Reid

None came in as per usual, tips from you better and smarter forummers are very welcome? what should I be doing differently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well for starters, it never hurts to go to soccerway.com and check the league that your betting on, both the regular table and the form table. If you're near a bookies look at the racing post but probably, most helpful, read the threads here ;). My acca came off today and it's a very helpful community. Paulizei's tips are normally very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Singles on teams that you are confident on or even doubles are much better bets. More chance of making money on singles imo. More times than not if you do an accum with 5 big favorites 1 will let you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

It all depends on how serious you are about betting. Soccer and Football are hard markets to crack for a start, and the over-rounds on singles are disgraceful as it is. Compound that over-round by doing multiple bets, and the bookies are laughing.

The fact that the bookies heavily advertise multiples with posters, betting slips etc says it all.

If you're interested in making a long term profit, do your research on a single aspect of a sport and bet accordingly in singles and the occasional double.

Small and steady profit is the way forward, but even that is extremely hard!

However, if you're after a fun bet, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. Multiples offer the chance to have a big payout for a small sum, which is always good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

I love a multiple on the football myself but I know full well the pitfalls - there is a lot to be said for research and checking euro tables.

A good single such as Shamrock Rovers @4/7 on Friday or Lyon @ 4/9 last night can be balance builders if you have a decent bank.

I find a lot of unfashionable euro team tend to be over-priced - you may get an unfashionable euro team such as Guimares (3rd in the league) at home to a bottom three side @ 4/6 whereas Benfica would be 1/6 - a bit of delving in the lower leagues of europe can be very rewarding - but as always the less selections you have the better from a profit point of view.

I just love a big acca on a saturday - makes the score centre all the more exciting.

Advertisement