Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying different MySQL databases

Options
  • 22-03-2008 9:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am up to my max of 5 available Databases with my webhost, but my records only show me using for of them. I have installed and then uninstalled a few different apps over the time, and now I don't know what is what!

What I know is correct is, 1x Joomla, 2x PHPBB, and 1x Wordpress installs.

I am unable to work out exactly which is which - obviously there is a database that is no longer in use, but is still there.

Can anyone tell me how I can work out what is what so I know which one is no longer needed so I can delete it? I want to install something new but can't at the moment.

I've tried downloading a backup of a database and opening it in wordpad, but not sure where to look to identify it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Download the community version of SqlYog, or something similar, import the backup version of your database and browse the content to discern what is what.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks, took and look at sqlylog - totally lost to be honest...
    What is the easiest one to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Just click this link: http://www.webyog.com/en/download_form.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.webyog.com%2Fdownloads%2FSQLyog616.exe

You have to fill in a small form and then it gives you the download link.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does your host not have a phpMyAdmin or something like that? How did you get the copy of the database, and what format is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Zascar wrote: »
    I am up to my max of 5 available Databases with my webhost, but my records only show me using for of them. I have installed and then uninstalled a few different apps over the time, and now I don't know what is what!

What I know is correct is, 1x Joomla, 2x PHPBB, and 1x Wordpress installs.

I am unable to work out exactly which is which - obviously there is a database that is no longer in use, but is still there.

Can anyone tell me how I can work out what is what so I know which one is no longer needed so I can delete it? I want to install something new but can't at the moment.

I've tried downloading a backup of a database and opening it in wordpad, but not sure where to look to identify it. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Why not just contact your webhost and they will be able to tell you the names of the databases you currently have set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement