Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread locked? why?

Options
  • 22-03-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055260218

I want to know if other people think that being afraid and generally hating muslim's and islam makes you racist or just anti-religious? Markey or whatever just locked it straight away, I've been called racist and I want to know if I am or if it makes me racist to be like I have explained above. could have given me a little time on it for f**k sake.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The thread was locked because it was not a "personal issue". If you can explain how your wanting to discuss racism is somehow a personal issue for you, then you may be able to gain something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Because it's not a PI?

edit :snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its because you're black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

haha alright alright, fair enough! cheers anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

No, silly.

It's 'cos he's a Muslim ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

seamus wrote: »
    The thread was locked because it was not a "personal issue". If you can explain how your wanting to discuss racism is somehow a personal issue for you, then you may be able to gain something.

What he said.
    :D

Dilligaf: wasnt it clear in my post?

Oh and its Marksie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It seems he GAF after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'm surprised it took three posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

oi. you. get your own feck!n thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

did you not know boards.ie is 25% owned by bin laden* ?

*may not be true....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

OP: it is racist. just learn to judge everyone as a person and not as a race. it'll make you a nicer person in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

OP: it is racist.QUOTE]

Dunno about that. Definite signs of Islamophobia, with maybe a touch of Xenophobia thrown in ?
    just learn to judge everyone as a person and not as a race. it'll make you a nicer person in the long run.

+1 though :)

Yeah I'd probably agree with the Islamaphobia bit, as bad as that sounds. But trusting that the majority of firm believers in Islam and Allah have the same fear or resentment for us in the west surely balances the issue.(2 wrongs for a right anyone?) We only have Islamaphobia as a result of their westernphobia(not a real word or whatever I know but yeah) Does that make sense? They seem to hate and fear our way of life so much that surely the same would follow suit for us? I just see it as though, if I were to be a devout catholic or a christian even, and if I believed in the church even through the time of The Crusades, and knowing full well what they were doing in Egypt etc, then that would make me one sick ass son of a bitch. Thinking it is ok to slay others if they don't accept the message of god or whatever. It's like a modern day crusades, all this bloodshed to "cleanse" the west. It's just not a very peace orientated cult if you ask me. And I will call it a cult as a reckon all religious groups are no matter what size.

I just think groups like Hamas, Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed offer enough reasons to feel resentment for a culture that doesn't remove itself from them. It seems to quietly associate with them and often empathizes with their purpose but will sometimes disapprove of their means, but not always. I just don't feel that it is fair to brand someone racist when they simply don't like someone. I don't like tinkers! I don't know every tinker, but I can honestly say I don't like one single knacker in this country. Is that xenophobic? Or is it just ok because most people don't like them anyway?

By faith alone every single muslim MUST hate me for not praising Mohammad, Allah etc etc So it is a rule, a commandment if you will, that they must realize that all those not for their cause, are against it and bound for a life in damnation and so forth. Is it not ok to hate someone without knowing them, if they hate me without knowing them? Should the entire order be branded Xenophobics then? I'm just so confused. I think I should be allowed disagree strongly with the entire order without being branded anything. Sorry mods, probably the wrong place for a rant :/

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Look - hamas are bastards - but christians arent terribly far behind. In fact theyre pretty much aiming to taking it up a notch. Take a look at this dilligaf:

You might just be fearing the wrong people:
    There's 2 kinds of people in the world. People who love Jesus and people who don't.

The post was valid enough though: maybe it should be unlocked and moved to Humanities or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Jesus camp? I thought he was hetero?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Overheal wrote: »
    Look - hamas are bastards -

In your opinion.......They kill innocent civilians yes but so do the IDF and American Army/Russians in wars etc etc

One mans bastard is another mans freedom fighter......bla bla

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OP, despite your intention, your post is ignorant and offensive.

Where the hell are you getting your information from?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

faceman wrote: »
    OP, despite your intention, your post is ignorant and offensive.

Oh agreed. I really debated deleting it.

If dilligaf wants to start another tyhread in humanoties go ahed.

I wasnt moving the post as in my mind to make comments about mohammed in such a fashion would immediately wreck any chance of the thread being a debate.

You could quite easily make such claims about any religious figure should you so desire. Offensive in the extreme

I just don't understand how people gather faith from fable and how such sects can be so drenched in blood, yet , saying anything obtrusive about the characters on their stories becomes blasphemy and ignorant and disgusting etc etc. Everything about such a belief is extreme and it's methods prove this.

I would find comfort in modern Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and so forth because they have fought their wars and seem to have come to a standstill about spilling blood to spread their word. Why is a holy war given so much respect? It's sick. And if you think I'm being ignorant and offensive now then you really are a angry egg, all pissed off yet extremely fragile when anything comes back at you. All I have to say is that "Free Palestine" is one of the cut off points for me. It is EXACTLY the same as supporting the IRA through the troubles up north, complete and utter ****ing bull****.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I pissed people off here. You can go back to your books and bibles and I'll continue to study mine, New Scientist :P Sorry again, my ignorance stems from my inability to grasp ghost stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    I just don't understand how people gather faith from fable and how such sects can be so drenched in blood, yet , saying anything obtrusive about the characters on their stories becomes blasphemy and ignorant and disgusting etc etc. Everything about such a belief is extreme and it's methods prove this.

I just don't understand how people could think that feedback is the place for a debate such as this...
    Another example of the OP leading his own thread off topic :rolleyes:

to be fair mate, I've posted here 3 times, and there are 21 posts on this thread, wrong place fair enough, but how about you address everyone ehos' responded. good lad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DILLIGAF wrote: »

I would find comfort in modern Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and so forth because they have fought their wars and seem to have come to a standstill about spilling blood to spread their word. Why is a holy war given so much respect? It's sick. And if you think I'm being ignorant and offensive now then you really are a angry egg, all pissed off yet extremely fragile when anything comes back at you. All I have to say is that "Free Palestine" is one of the cut off points for me. It is EXACTLY the same as supporting the IRA through the troubles up north, complete and utter ****ing bull****.

Let me try give you an analogy. Im going to assume you're irish. :)

Ever go on holiday and have someone who has never visited ireland ask you if you are involved with the iRA or them tell you they would be afraid to visit NI cos of the troubles?

Its lack of education and media influence that has bred that train of though.

Same goes for the muslims. The vast majority of muslim are decent folk. The Koran does not tell muslims to slaughter the rest of us.

In fact the muslims recognise Jesus Christ as a prophet. He will return to earth they believe around End of Days.

If I was asked about visiting NI during the troubles some 10-15 years ago or even further back, then no, I wouldn't be packing my bags for a weekend of ****s and giggles! But I know what you mean. The media has painted them in a bad light, it seems there's nothing else to report.

I just see it as maintaining an unwavering christian belief if the crusades were going on. I couldn't do it. I'd go live on a hill somewhere and forget all about being a christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

faceman wrote: »
    Let me try give you an analogy. Im going to assume you're irish. :)

Ever go on holiday and have someone who has never visited ireland ask you if you are involved with the iRA or them tell you they would be afraid to visit NI cos of the troubles?

Its lack of education and media influence that has bred that train of though.

Same goes for the muslims. The vast majority of muslim are decent folk. The Koran does not tell muslims to slaughter the rest of us.

In fact the muslims recognise Jesus Christ as a prophet. He will return to earth they believe around End of Days.

As a resident yank: eh, no. BUT I have been asked where you stash your leprechauns. Thats always an eye roller. And red heads. Dont get me started.

But point made :p

Advertisement