Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any One Ever Use SellItYourself.ie

Options
  • 23-03-2008 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Guys im going to sell my house on my own, i was thinking of uesing SellItYourself.ie are they any good.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If you want my two cents, these things were fine when properties were selling themselves during the boom. There is no actual need for estate agents if you know what your property is worth, how to negotiate and are not afraid to put a bit of work in.

However, because nothing much is selling at the moment, you might find that your property just isn't getting a look in, in which case you might want to call in an estate agent. Don't forget to advertise on www.daft.ie and/or myhome.ie as that's where most prospective buyers will look.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd agree with Johnnyskeleton- its not simply a case of whacking it up on the website (which no-one has every heard of) and presuming that someone somewhere will be interested. There is a lot of work and time considerations in selling a property, especially now that the market has taken a nose-dive. If you could get a reasonable rate with a reputable estate agent it would save you a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just on that website, the searching is crap, there's no way to define where you're looking for beyond county level, the ad's themselves aren't really moderated in any way, and end up looking silly, there's no order to the results, and no mapping system.

Looking at houses myself at the moment in dublin, and the order is:

myhome.ie
    daft.ie
    propertynews.com

Myhome has by far the most homes with the most detail, it's also the most fully featured (although missing login cookies, and sorting for searches), daft is ok, but doesn't let a user save their searches or get email alerts, while propertynews doesn't get many new properties and has no mapping service.

I'd occasionally look at sherryfitz.ie, remax.ie. dng.ie, lisney.ie, savills.ie to see have I missed any. Sherryfitz offer the most here, with consistently well mapped homes, with floor plans and plenty of details on each (although they are the most expensive in their cut of the selling price).

Sherryfitz also remove a property from the site when it goes sale agreed, rather than marking it that way.

I've also searched privateseller.ie on occasion, but never found much of interest, it's a pretty crap site as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 siy

Hi Keith,

Let me declare an interest - it's Anne-Marie from Sellityourself.ie. If you give the office a call on 1850 663333 we can talk you through the process and put you in touch with others who have sold their property through the website.

In the current property market, the financial gain made by saving on the agents commission will go someway to offset the decline in property prices.

Feedback from our property sellers tells us that the majority of property owners are selling on their own to have more control over the sale of their property, as they feel their estate agent is not doing enough for them. The financial gain in these cases is a bonus and not the main reason for selling direct.

Good luck which ever route you decide to take.

Anne-Marie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement