Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned and post removed.

Options
  • 23-03-2008 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I showed someone up as a racist with 2 quotes from said person and next thing I'm banned from Military forum and the post is removed.
    To me that is well harsh.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

only right.

Can you give details on what you said?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Invincible wrote: »
    only right.
    Only right I showed someone up as a racist or I was right to be banned for showing someone up as a racist.
    :D

Myth wrote: »
    Can you give details on what you said?
    Dub13 removed my post so I'll be a few minutes trying to find the quotes from alleged racist.

/edit When I search on the persons names I've just noticed all links to the forum I was banned from are gone.....
    It's odd the way Dub13 not only banned me but removed my only defence of querying the ban.

"and specifically, muslims freak me out. They have some pretty radical ideas about the rest of the world and lets face it, they are brought up in the media for so many wrong reasons it's absurd. So yeah, I honestly have no time for them or anything that they believe in. From what I gather mohammad was a pedophile anyway"
    Was one of the posts.

/2nd edit
    If the above is not classed as racist I should have at least had a warning but no was a straight ban.
    Wasn't even told how long the ban was for.

Yeah I figured that, but can you remember the gist?

• Advertisement

The guy had a post about wanting to join the British army to go to Afghanistan and I quoted that along with the above.....
    Maybe my 2+2=4 upset the Mod.
    Anyway to be honest I'd never visited that forum b4 so the ban won't have an effect I guess.
    I just thought it was harsh and OTT modding.

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am more or less set on joining the British Army, purely for the better equipment and the opportunity to tour in Afghanistan.

Liar! Its because your racist and anti-Muslim.

You are banned for this.

"and specifically, muslims freak me out. They have some pretty radical ideas about the rest of the world and lets face it, they are brought up in the media for so many wrong reasons it's absurd. So yeah, I honestly have no time for them or anything that they believe in. From what I gather mohammad was a pedophile anyway"

For how long?
    And do you never give a warning?
    Do you not find the above racist? If not surely you could have said in a PM and I would have removed it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You signature is too big and you've no automatic right to a warning.

I heeded warning about sig.....see my point?
    ;)

• Advertisement

For how long?
    And do you never give a warning?
    Do you not find the above racist? If not surely you could have said in a PM and I would have removed it......

First your new signature is way to big.

The standard first ban would be for a week.

I sometimes give a warning when a poster is close to the line,you were way over the line for a number of reasons thats why you got a ban and no warning.

I don't find this racist...'I am more or less set on joining the British Army, purely for the better equipment and the opportunity to tour in Afghanistan.'Please point out the racist bit as its late and I could have missed it.

No need for me to PM you and have you remove it,I did that for you just before I banned you.

But in tandem with his other post I thought THAT was racist.

/least I got an explanantion here

NN.

But in tandem with his other post I thought THAT was racist.

The other post you refer to did not happen in the Military forum therefor its not my brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

it's understandable that you can see a post that really annoys you to the point of insulting the poster.

the problem is that, sometimes, you tend to get caught in a trap. It's a basic rule that you do not insult a poster, you retort the post. This, and believe me I know it, is not a thing that satisfy's you. If it were a real life converstaion you could let off steam and give out. You cant on the internet, and so there's two rules that you should be guided by to help:

1. If you see a post that is offensive, report it, using the little triangle button. The mod will get an e-mail and it'll also appear in the mod forum.

2. Attack the post, not the poster. If you do, someone else will use the reported post button and that'll inflame your anger. It's understandable.

So, play the game. If you see an offensive post, report it. You can then quote it in your next post and say: reported. That way they know and you know what has happened and you have the satisfaction of knowing that the reported post will result in an infraction against the poster and, you, likewise, escape such a result.

Also, its a common misconception that just because you have Moderaror after your name you are a mod of the entire site - you're not. I mod only two boards here, for example. If someone on the Who board posts racist stuff on the Farming board there is nothing i can do about it. Just the way its structured, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Pigs, stealing our jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The only job placements for pigs are in my belly.

popebenny16 is on the money. The poster you refer to DILLIGAF, did end up taking offence to your calling him a liar: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055260218

The mod action was appropriate. You could have very subtly quoted the 2 offending posts, left postlinks and had your quiet laugh. But you pissed on the poster. And you cant do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Got to side somewhat with animalrights here. He was making a valid point but should of been warned about calling him a liar. Not ban worthy.

Overheal wrote: »

popebenny16 is on the money.
    Yep, that's a fantastic reply.
    Especially this "2. Attack the post, not the poster."
    :)

Overheal wrote: »
    The poster you refer to DILLIGAF, did end up taking offence to your calling him a liar: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055260218
    He did?? That link shows nothing of this? Infact I posted my "Views" late last night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you may be clever, and you may think youre right.

but youre not.

on either point.

or funny either. we hate unfunny people.

• Advertisement

ya da da. :pac:

oooh. a smilie crutch.

Your reply gave me no choice. :(

it was an observation, and didnt invite a reply.

I assume my last reply invited a reply? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

God I wish I could find a picture of the Tongue Twister Twins from Bosco.

Ps. Don't google that with the safe search off!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im confused. Do i have to go to afghanistan to understand whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I would if I thought it had the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

He's clearly confused about the Muslim religion and the relationship with the Middle East and extremist factions, that doesn't necessarily make him racist merely ignorant. You could have nicely pointed that out and maybe pointed him in the right direction for information before he went there with a loaded gun, instead you just labeled him. Clearly your wrong and you deserved to be banned for trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

dilligaf?

OK animal rights: bottom line, dont feed the troll

Advertisement