Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FuhQuake listen server :|

Options
  • 23-03-2008 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this before?
    I've run a listenserver on the lan before and it worked fine, but I can't seem to get the f*cker working over the net.
    I've got my client launching with:
    -norjscripts -gamma 0.7 -nolibpng -listen 4 -udpport 27000
    And have udp+tcp 27000 forwarded on my router and software firewall disabled.
    Yet remote dude can't connect using "connect <my public ip>:27000"

Also, is quake.indigo.ie still up and running CA? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

We have two fully-customisable KTX deathmatch servers up and running in Ireland at the moment, but no CA. Not many people in Europe still play it.

games1.iol.ie:28401 is expected to be pulled some time in the future.

Thankfully games2.mysmart.ie has been recently put up by smart gaming.

You're going to get better, or at least fairer, pings by using one of the online servers instead of trying to get something through your firewall (which, I confess, I don't know how to do).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Actually I tried it again there tonight and it worked with those settings... it was only co-op mode for a bit of a laugh, so not much problem in the way of fairness.

Advertisement