Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonball Live Action Movie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

was piccolo evil in dragon ball?

turned good then in dbz?/
    Guru (the Namek elder) explained it in DBZ, for those who didn't see the original Dragonball.

To be pure enough to become God, basically, Kami had to expel all the evil from his soul, which became an evil clone named Maou ("Demon King") Piccolo. Maou Piccolo was sealed away in an electric rice cooker(!) by Master Roshi's teacher prior to the events of Dragonball, then he is accidentally released by Pilaf and starts trying to take over the world. He has the ability to vomit forth eggs which hatch into demons with various abilities.

When he is defeated by Goku, he releases one last egg as he dies, transferring all of his power into it. This eventually hatches into his "son", the Piccolo of DBZ, who fights Goku in the next Tenkaichi Budokai tournament once he is fully grown, using the pseudonym "Demon Jr." and hiding his head-tentacles with that turban so that members of the public would not recognise him. (In one of the tournaments later in DBZ, Piccolo registers under the name "Ma Jr." again)

Goku and Piccolo work together to defeat Raditz at the start of DBZ, with Goku sacrificing himself to hold him down so that Piccolo can finish him off. He asks Piccolo to train his son... which slowly leads to Piccolo turning good.

Piccolo and Kami are still technically the same being (if one dies, both die), and merge together again to fight Cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Anyone here seen this yet?

I saw it in the cinema last night. It's a pretty different interpretation of the series. A lot of key things are changed and I think it would be very hard to watch if you are not somewhat familiar with the old Dragonball to explain some of the stuff.
    I definately thinnk it could have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Going to try it out tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Going to try it out tonight ;)
    Bring beer.
    Lots of beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bonjob

HEEY! i'm impressed in the trailer
    of this one! i was amazed by the cool
    animation even though it's a live action.
    at first, i thought that it will just ruin the anime.
    but say you, it even outweighed the anime version. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

bonjob wrote: »
    HEEY! i'm impressed in the trailer
    of this one! i was amazed by the cool
    animation even though it's a live action.
    at first, i thought that it will just ruin the anime.
    but say you, it even outweighed the anime version. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

I wish they never made the dam* live action movie!
    They ruined it!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

even trolls couldn't be that deluded.

This is why I'm disheartened at the prospects of Blood the last vampire, it has more potential, and a good director, but still >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

There making a sequel to Dragonball its call Dragonball Reborn, the good news is FOX changed the director and the writer, so theres still hope.

There making a sequel to Dragonball its call Dragonball Reborn, the good news is FOX changed the director and the writer, so theres still hope.

I think that had James Wong been allowed to write as well as direct then the film would have worked a lot better. He's a fantastic writer and when writing with Glen Morgan ranks up with there with the best. Their episodes of both X-Files and Millennium are recognised as being the best of both series.

Ben Ramsey who wrote Dragonball Evolution is a woeful writer, his past work is poor and the fact that he is writing Luke Cage has totally put me off the film.

• Advertisement
Advertisement