Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Forum - sections for each continent

Options
  • 23-03-2008 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

In the Travel forum would it be possibleto set up sections for each continent , so say if going to South America, you head in there for information, to post etc.?

Back home after travelling SE Asia, Australia and New Zealand (off again in 10 days) and I meant to ask about this before I left. I was trying to get info on Thailand and thought it would be much easier if you could click into Asia section instead of searching (make it quicker for people in expensive internet cafes abroad!).

I know there is plenty of travel forums on the net but its always good to get info from Irish people as they know the craic and can give more update information. I think now more than ever so many Irish are travelling abroad aswell and not just to Spain (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I doubt there'd be enough traffic for that really. Best option is just to use the search function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I feel it would break up the existing forum to too great an extent.

My 2% of a €.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Larianne wrote: »
    I was trying to get info on Thailand and thought it would be much easier if you could click into Asia section instead of searching (make it quicker for people in expensive internet cafes abroad!).
    Suggestion - use one of the skins that has few if any images and use boards.ie at a time when boards.ie isn't busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It would water down the forum too much to split it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

At the moment I don't think the forum is busy enough yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

A more feasible option might be to encourage the labelling of threads by posters e.g. "[South America] Need help with trip". Doesn't break the forum up but might make things easier to find/more organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

penguin88 wrote: »
    A more feasible option might be to encourage the labelling of threads by posters e.g. "[South America] Need help with trip". Doesn't break the forum up but might make things easier to find/more organised.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

penguin88 wrote: »

I agree with this. The three forums are all over the place, look at the first page or two of the Travel Reports & Reviews forum. Seemed like a good idea at the time i imagine but its just not working! About half of the threads in that section have been locked or moved so is the breaking up of travel sections into subsequent continent sections the right way to go?

I'd suggest that we delete the report and review forum and from now on make people put

[Review] in the subject of review posts
    [US] in the subject of US posts
    [Asia] in the subject of Asian posts ...

Advertisement