Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retiring

Options
  • 23-03-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to announce my retirement from gambling. :(

I'm gonna miss it but decided that after a cracking Cheltenham where I managed to restore my bank after a bad month or two it's time to get out.

I've had a really bad Six Nations and **** start to the Super League season.

Don't like backing football at this time of year as the race for the title/relegation/Europe often throws up some mad results.

I've never been much use at picking winners on the flat.

So I intend to give up now until the new football/jumps season starts in a few months and maybe a few punts on Euro 2008 (may as well considering none of the "home" nations are involved to make it a bit more interesting)

Best of luck to the rest of you but I advise you to take note of my coment on the football

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bah that's not retirement, that's merely a temporary hiatus! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bah that's not retirement, that's merely a temporary hiatus! :p

I'll agree with that but don't tell my Mrs :D

Advertisement