Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing a Wing Mirror

Options
  • 23-03-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anybody tell me how i can change my 2002 bmw compact wing mirror please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Assuming it's the same as the saloons and coupés, the black trim inside the car pulls out, up and off to reveal the bolts that hold the mirror on. If there's any electrics for the mirror (adjustment or heated glass) then you'll need to take the door card off to unplug it. There's torx screws along the underside of the armrest, behind a blank at the door opening handle and behind the airbag badge.

That's how it is on the coupé anyway. I can't imagine it's too different on the others. Bear in mind the door card clips are quite easy to break so you may need a few replacements.

If it's just the glass you mean, just angle it up and to one side as far as it will go and get a few fingers behind it and gently pull it out.

Advertisement