Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site/design review--feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

personally I hate it. Don't like the colour or the format or even the icons.

check out

http://www.wiliam.com.au/wiliam-blog/designing-a-web-2.0-website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

tvr wrote: »
    personally I hate it. Don't like the colour or the format or even the icons.

check out

http://www.wiliam.com.au/wiliam-blog/designing-a-web-2.0-website

i never said it was web 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woogie Boogie

I think its ok but not sure if its right for a hosting company as it seems to position you as a small outfit. with hosting people worry about service, up times etc and even the small players go to great lenghts to look like they are bigger than they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Its not very appealing, the icons/links are all a bit big and plain.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

NeVeR wrote: »
    i never said it was web 2.0
    Did you read the article?

"Web 2.0", aside from being a many-faceted buzzword, is interpreted - in that article - as a set of ideas on how to make accessible, clean, elegant interfaces. If you're not considering any of these things when making a website, you need to change your methodology pronto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Nowt special, and looks like many hundreds of standard web hosting templates (banner, 3 price panels, small print). Nothing wrong with it (bar maybe a bit too much whitespace, and I've no idea what the arrow on the left of the nav menu is meant to be), just nothing jumps out either.

Advertisement