Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does my door need another coat?

Options
  • 23-03-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anybody know if the doors and window frames still have to be varnished as they look very weathered. Just wondering because last summer i noticed a troop of painters varnishing the houses across the green from the grove but then they stopped as the weather got bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 armbarno1

If your door is cold give it a coat ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I varnished my door and windows (in the Grove) in the autumn because (as you say) they were getting very weathered - the original stain obviously wasn't very weather-resistant. Used some Ronseal exterior varnish stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

You might want to check with your management company. Therre should be provision for varnishing in your management fees. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Probably a silly question, does anyone know if it's ok to change the colour of the front door in the 2 bed houses?
    The management contract mentions no changes to the exterior, but this I would consider an improvement over the current colour :D
    Also, anyone elses front or rear exterior window sills starting to get a bit shabby, flakey paint etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

DK32, if you are in the Grove or the Park you would have varnished doors and perhaps there some stipulation that you cannot have a different colour other than the stained and varnished colour you already have.

If you live in the Wood or Court, and more specifically in a house rather than a duplex or apartment; there are generally four different door colours (mustard yellow, royal blue, wine and green I think). I have seen some people change those colours to there doors in the Wood. It only works well cause all the timber frames to the doors and windows of the whole house are painted white. Here's hoping nobody paints the frames anything other than white in this case!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Cheers Astrofluff, Yeah i'm over in Wood, I never noticed there were just 4 colours.
    Mine would be that mustard or sick yellow colour :(

I wouldn't dream of painting the window frames any other colour than white tbh.

Must have a wander around the estate one evening a see if anyone has changed to any other colour rather than the 4 mentioned.

Advertisement