Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light fittings

Options
  • 23-03-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi i am wiring up a new light fiting in my hall way and have a problem

i have 3 live (brown Wires) , 2 Neutral (blue) and an earth , coming out of my ceiling . you can turn on and off the light from upstair or downstairs

and on the light fiting i have a live and neutral ,

Never came accross this ever and am totally confused

1 of the brown wires is not live live if you know what i mean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

3 browns. must be loop in system. (assume some lights are not working with fitting disconnected) one is live feed-one is loop feed-the last is the switch wire. note which one is live. switch on the "light" - one of the others should become live...this would be the switch wire to your fitting.The one left and the original live should join up together( assuming spark followed standard colour code). all lights should work as normal
    connect switch wire and both neutrals to fitting.- all should be tickettey-boo.
    BE SAFE> hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Noteb

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could buy contemporary light fittings for my Kitchen?
    I need ceiling mounted luminaires.
    Dublin area would be best.

I tried a few places - ( not sure if I can name them here) but didnt find anything I liked.

Thanks!

Advertisement