Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Rattle

Options
  • 23-03-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi

I've had a Trek 6600 for about 18 months now and it's been going like a dream. However, tok it out today and noticed that when i was going at good speed, there was a rattle from the front of the bike somewhere. I had a quick look about it and counldn't find anything that would make the noise. It only seems to happen when i'm going fast.
    I'm not overly familiar with the workings of disc brakes, suspension, but if anyone had any tips on what might be the problem, it's be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Do you have a loose spoke or something? Try checking that. Had the same problem and didn't find out what the problem was for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

okay,
    as mentioned it could be a spoke, but id doubt it as youd notice this at any speed.
    is your quick release tight??(youd be suprised:o)
    is there play in the hub,(does it feel lumpy or is there lateral play)

your best bet is to bring it into a bike shop, thinks like this cant be diagnosed without the bike, if there is a rattle it maybe time you considered a service.:)

Advertisement