Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! slippy soles

Options
  • 23-03-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hey! following on from the high heels thread, i wanted to ask if anyone has a problem walking in shoes because of the slippy sole? i dunno how people do it - most shoes i try on have these awful plastic or smooth leather soles with zero grip. i LOVE irregular choice shoes, but cannot wear them to save my life because the sole is so slippy!

now is it just me or has anyone the same problem??? :) any solutions...i have have posted a question before or asked somewhere, tried to scuff them as was suggested but still not grippy enough.

zenzen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Spray hairspray on the soles before you go out, wont be slippy!!

I should have done that last night when i fell on my arse on the dancefloor...fecking paying for it today in sore bones!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

my sister loves irregular choice and had the same problem. she tried every tip she heard but in the end had to take them to the shoemakers and got grips put on the soles. most shoes should be fine with scuffing but if nothing else works you should try that, she said it didnt cost much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

hairspray or sanding them gently with sandpaper.... sometimes walking in them on concrete pavement around the house is cool too...
    tried them all but sandpaper worked best, but dont go mad with it, just a little...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

What's scuffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

zenzen wrote: »
    i LOVE irregular choice shoes, but cannot wear them to save my life because the sole is so slippy!

Can honestly say that I've never experienced that with Irregular Choice and I have about 20 pairs. Slippiness usually happens with cheap-ass shoes.

I tend to get sandpaper and roughen up the sole, or else stand on cement or gravel and deliberately scuff the sole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

thanks for the tips!! i have tried the sandpaper, hairspray etc but still no luck - didn't know you could get grips put into them by the cobbler though, that would be great, will try it!

dudara - i'm in the minority alright because my friends can walk in them fine!! irregular choice aren't great quality but defo aren't cheapass either though, but its even happened with shoes from BT etc also - just the smooth soles like this:

6219-479776-2.jpg

anyway thanks again for the tips, i'm gunna try taking them to the cobbler and see if i can get some grips!!

zenzen

SW81 wrote: »
    What's scuffing?

Scratch marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bumblebee333

Try using a sharp knife to make slices across the soles, going in both directions. It breaks my heart to take a knife near new heels, but I find it works! Just be careful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

Uneven concrete seems to work the best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Use a really course sandpaper to sand the soles of the shoes.

Make sure they fit you perfectly before doing this as it will affect returns.

Ah, finally those years in Barratts are paying off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement