Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy and car racing newbie questions if you could be so kind to help ? Cheers

Options
  • 23-03-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

:)

Hi to all model enthusiasts,

I am a complete beginner from scratch and maybe if you could answer some of my fundamental questions you might help m get started please?

1. I live in Dublin opposite the Phoenix park. Is there any clubs or racing agendas anywhere in Dublin that I could go to in order to see what the sport of either car or buggy RC racing is all about? My fear is buying a really nice model and racing it on my own!!!

2. If someone experienced has the time could they possibly post me their mobile or home number?, maybe private message it to me and let me ask them some questions?

Thank-you so much

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

dav nagle wrote: »
    :)

Hi to all model enthusiasts,

I am a complete beginner from scratch and maybe if you could answer some of my fundamental questions you might help m get started please?

1. I live in Dublin opposite the Phoenix park. Is there any clubs or racing agendas anywhere in Dublin that I could go to in order to see what the sport of either car or buggy RC racing is all about? My fear is buying a really nice model and racing it on my own!!!

2. If someone experienced has the time could they possibly post me their mobile or home number?, maybe private message it to me and let me ask them some questions?

Thank-you so much

Dav

Hi M8
    First off welcome to this wonderful world of RC racing and of course everyone will help you in your quest as to which direction to go

Have you checked out the local Websites/Forums?

Have a look at these two for a start off.
    Both electric

DUBLIN MODELCAR CLUB {Offroad Racing }

LUCAN MODELCAR CLUB {Indoor Touring Car Racing

ORCA << Nitro onroad car racing in St.Annes Park :cool:

Let us know if you need anymore info or contacts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

vectra wrote: »
    Hi M8
    First off welcome to this wonderful world of RC racing and of course everyone will help you in your quest as to which direction to go

Have you checked out the local Websites/Forums?

Have a look at these two for a start off.
    Both electric

DUBLIN MODELCAR CLUB {Offroad Racing }

LUCAN MODELCAR CLUB {Indoor Touring Car Racing

ORCA << Nitro onroad car racing in St.Annes Park :cool:

Let us know if you need anymore info or contacts ;)

Great start thanks a mill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Here check this link out on the Orca r/c Links page, Been working on mapping out the locations of each club around Ireland , pin pointing them on google maps. Click on the different tabs to show what classes and scales each club races plus there websites are also detailed.

http://www.rc-racingireland.com/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,18/Itemid,23/

Not to hijack this thread but if anyone has any locations for other clubs even planes etc.. please pm or email me details and i will add to the map, Shops too if you want. Where possible please pin point of google maps so i have the exact point in Ireland then just Pm me a link of your map.

Advertisement