Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Soccer ban

Options
  • 23-03-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭

Okay, here's the story. My ban on the soccer forum expired yesterday, and PSI `forgot` to lift it, so I asked PHB to lift it for me this morning, and he did all credit to him. As I was in Manchester, about to go to the Liverpool game, I could only post a few times about it before going. I came back afterwards in smiles after we beat Liverpool, I read through the Grand Slam Sunday thread, and I made 1 post (nothing offencive), somebody responded to it, and I was going to respond to that. All of a sudden it told me the usual stuff as if you got banned, I don't understand this! Was is this happening? :confused:

Regards,
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you tried pming the mods?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, you're banned. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing who banned you or why, from the looks of things. PM one of the mods to see if they can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, I got a PM off PSI. The lad who forgot to lift the ban, he told me that the "infraction" expired not the ban, that makes no sence! I told him that I mistook that and he is deciding to ban me permently because I gave out to him. But the sad thing is, he never replied to my PM's when I asked him when it expired! He just ignored me. That led to me misunderstanding when it ended in my profile and evidently getting banned longer! Honestly this man is not fit to be a mod.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Nailz wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a PM off PSI. The lad who forgot to lift the ban, he told me that the "infraction" expired not the ban, that makes no sence! I told him that I mistook that and he is deciding to ban me permently because I gave out to him. But the sad thing is, he never replied to my PM's when I asked him when it expired! He just ignored me. That led to me misunderstanding when it ended in my profile and evidently getting banned longer! Honestly this man is not fit to be a mod.
    You know, when people start this stuff about the mods on this site being unfit to be mods, it's almost an immediate giveaway that their greivance has no merit. That sort of sensational rubbish just shows you up as either (a) someone who is trying to pull the wool over or (b) someone who gets very upset very easily and blows things out of proportion the whole time. The latter may lead the person to think they're the victim in all of this, but invariably the ban is warranted in all the circumstances.

In the instant case, it seems that you are trying to pull the wool over by not giving us word of all the circumstances of the case. It seems to me from my consultation with a soccer mod that you are not only lying to us with regard to the circumstances of your ban (which, I might add, is permanent - and you'll get no reprieve from that here), but that you were abusive in the extreme towards a very well-respected mod on this site.

If you sent the PMs that he received to any other user on this site, you would receive a site ban. I don't see why it should be any different in this case. It costs nothing to be mannerly and usually yields results - it doesn't matter what your private opinions of someone are. On the other hand, abusing someone who does a job voluntarily to asist the smooth-running of a site that many people enjoy is only going to result in a penalty being imposed.

If you had been upfront and mannerly in your dealings the whole way through and had only sent the abusive PMs, your ban would be two weeks. However, since you have tried to present your case in a forum where the other side has no say, and have done so in the absence of anything resembling good faith, you are banned from boards.ie for one month.

Advertisement