Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finepix S5500 Xd card error

• 23-03-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Any ideas on this one ? My Finepix S5500 give me "card error" when i turn it on. It has a couple of hundred pics that i just took on hols. I've tried taking it out and back in again several times, and even connecting it to the pc, but it see's te drive as not loaded "insert disk".

Any magic ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭nilhg

Try the card in a card reader before you try anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

No joy, card reader detects an XD card for a second, then the led goes off.

PC sees no disk in the drive, so im asuming that there is no software way of getting back the pictures.

Is there anything i can try with thte card to make it readable one last time before i give it to my bin ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 slidersedge

It sounds like you got ur card wet with condensation or something like that
    leave your card in a room temp for about a week to dry out,then get a piece of software called TuneUp Utilities 2008, it has a recovery software that will get back your photos,My mum deleted all her pictures from her camera and i was able to recover them after wards.
    slider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I'll give that a try and post back in a week with the result :-)
    cheers

Advertisement