Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Potty Training problem with 11 week old Yorkie

• 23-03-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I've a big problem trying to potty train my 11 week old yorkshire terrier. He just seems to go to the poo and wee whenever and whereever. I've tried using wee wee pads but to no avail. I would like to know from ye experts on the subject, how do I go about house training my pup to wee and poo in a designated area?

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

*You need to begin by picking a place for him to do his business - dont keep changing the place!

*Then you need to take him to this place when he needs to pee etc.. - this is normally after drinking, eating or sleeping.

*You show him where to go by taking him there on his lead / or just walking him out and waiting until he goes - straight away you need to praise him - food/hugs etc really OTT like...

*You need to remember to NEVER give out to him for doing it in the wrong place - he wont understand and he will think you are giving out to him for doing the business in general...

The very very biggest thing is to have looooads of patience. Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

take your yorkie outside every hour and when he does the job ,praise your dog for doing it.Keep on doing it for acouple of weeks problem solved.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Agree with all of the above.

Every time thay eat & sleep bring them outside for 5 minutes.

Reward good behaviour and ignore bad behaviour.

If they mess in the house, calmly put them outside (don't give out to them) and clean it up without them seeing you do it. Apparently they see it as a form of attention when they see you cleaning up after them. (Wierdos!!!)

The wee-wee pads are great for when you are out of the house for a long time.

Advertisement