Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Blowback KSC - HK USP .45

Options
  • 23-03-2008 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi new to forum,
    The question I have is when storing you gas magazines should you fill them with gas or leave them with no gas in them at all. I use green gas. Any tips in storing them short or long term would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Moving this to the main forum. Apologies to the main airsoft forum mods if they feel this should be in the trouble-shooting forum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

WarMachine wrote: »
    Hi new to forum,
    The question I have is when storing you gas magazines should you fill them with gas or leave them with no gas in them at all. I use green gas. Any tips in storing them short or long term would be helpful.

not a good idea to leave gas in the mag unless your planning to use it,

when your finished with your gbb vent the mag outside to release any unused gas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yep, always release the pressure in it., over time it'll damage the seals to leave it under pressure.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

leave some gas in it, not a full mag though, if you leave it dry the seals will

dry out, happened to me on a 1911

the seals drying out can be an issues but i would not advise leaving gas in the mags, simple maintenance to keep the seal supple .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 WarMachine

Thanks for moving post only copped on after posting that it was in wrong section. I have left some gas in for that reason ( Seals ) . Thank you for reply any more views about this subject.

• Advertisement

Any maintence tips for upkeep of Mags and pistol.

WarMachine wrote: »
    Any maintence tips for upkeep of Mags and pistol.

DONT leave gas in the mags .

keep everything cleaned and silicon oiled and that pretty much it

Gatling wrote: »
    DONT leave gas in the mags .

keep everything cleaned and silicon oiled and that pretty much it
    So iI should spray some silicon down nozzel where gas shoots from. Would that be correct.

yeah in there and on the release valve, theres a little adapter ya get with the propane adapters so you can inject the oil into the mag as you do with the gas.,

green gas contains silicon ,put some on the first bb at the top of the mag this should be enought to lube the hop up,
    a little under the slide ,

do you know how to strip it

• Advertisement

green gas contains silicon ,put some on the first bb at the top of the mag this should be enought to lube the hop up,
    a little under the slide ,

do you know how to strip it
    No not at the moment do you

il post a link to a guide for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

If your gun is made by a quality manufacturer then it is likely the seal in your mag is produced from Viton in such case it will NOT make any difference to the effective performance of the seal. The leak rate of the seal will be as good as 1x10(-8) mBar*(l)s even over time when under compression this will still be a very acceptable tolerence considering the size of the Molecules of propane compared to Helium.

Expelling Propane to atmosphere is bad for the envoirment aswell as your pocket!

il post a link to a guide for ya
    That would be Great.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/ksc_usp_review/ksc_usp_review.htm

at the bottom of the page it tells you how to strip it ,

its a fairly easy job

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/ksc_usp_review/ksc_usp_review.htm

at the bottom of the page it tells you how to strip it ,

its a fairly easy job
    Thanks for that found out a few things I didnt know. I know how to strip the pistol I thought you meant the Magazine,but your info was excellent as it showed me a few things that i didnt know as in lock out tool.Thank you for your help today hope I can return the favour someday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I thought we were to leave a dart of gas in our mags? to keep the seals tight? did I miss something?? who's got the cookies?

yeah blay said that in one of the firest replys, but he deleted it.,lol

Seems to be confusion over this issue. Some say do and some say dont so what to you do.

Ah hem....

http://www.ampair.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.91

So who is the mag Guru in here? send him/her forward, I bring cookies!:)

• Advertisement

iceage wrote: »
    Ah hem....

It must be true! I read it on the internet,.;)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ah hem....

Just to add to that, you dont want to leave oil in the barrel or on the hop, clean it out afterwards with the barrel cleaning rod and a cloth, as the oil will not really benefit the barrel unless you have a very light coating, and make the hop inconsistent if it is oiled too much.

let us bow down to the god, Net!

personally, I think that some silicone on the seals and a dart(and I mean a toot/fart of gas will help to seal the seals.

Technical term that(toot?fart), don't nick it.....it's mine!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I leave a small bit of gas in my mags, now i'm confused lol

Motosam wrote: »
    Just to add to that, you dont want to leave oil in the barrel or on the hop, clean it out afterwards with the barrel cleaning rod and a cloth, as the oil will not really benefit the barrel unless you have a very light coating, and make the hop inconsistent if it is oiled too much.

Well, ask any RS guy, and they'll tell you, a "sheen"(not wet, just right) of oil is all that is needed on the exterior, internally the barrel should be spotless. the barest smidgen(is that really a word?)is more than adequate.

Ahhh guys, are we off topic? I think we are, opps, so, about these Usp .45? nice, I want one now!!!!!!!

As an owner of a KSC USP .45 i can say get one, very very nice piece :)

zero19 wrote: »
    As an owner of a KSC USP .45 i can say get one, very very nice piece :)

Ohhhhh, have always fancied one, although I had an MP7. same mag release is used I believe, which I had an issue with, being a lefty evertime i squeezed the trigger(handflexed) de-magged the piece! LOL and, as an all plastic piece do you use 134a or green gas?

jeez iceage, your on fire tonight with all the makey up words.,lol.,

vtec wrote: »
    jeez iceage, your on fire tonight with all the makey up words.,lol.,

Sorry mate, it's the easter eggs, and cider!!!!;)

• Advertisement

Ohhhhh, have always fancied one, although I had an MP7. same mag release is used I believe, which I had an issue with, being a lefty evertime i squeezed the trigger(handflexed) de-magged the piece! LOL and, as an all plastic piece do you use 134a or green gas?
    Green in the cold weather, 134a in warm, almost an oxymoron in Ireland that lol Getting a metal slide for her soon though :D As for the mag release it's a bit different from other GBBs but it's friendly to lefties and righties

Advertisement