Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter eggs.

• 23-03-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

So,
    How many have you got?
    I got 3 - whooohooo!!!
    Snickers, Flake and Cadburys Vinilla Truffel.
    I've just eaten the Flake egg and the two bars which came with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

1 - KitKat Chunky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

1 - Malteaser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goldfish007

3! all mini eggs easter eggs,,,,i like them a lot and a lindt bunny
    mmmmmmmmm:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I had one already. I've a giant mini eggs egg for after dinner. But I've had about 7 in the run up to Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

A very nice shop assistant in my local shop gave me a cadbury buttons one free on my birthday :D Mmmm..buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The Queen wrote: »
    But I've had about 7 in the run up to Easter.

7 :eek: Now we know who ate all the eggs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

none :(

Haha you must have been bold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

2! And a Lindt bunny. Mmmmmmm! Can't eat them all yet though, I've a road race tomorow :( But I'll live without them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Aero Mars Yorkie Rolo

yum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

None.

But I will go to Tesco tomorrow and buy all the leftovers for half the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cremo wrote: »
    none :(

Me neither `_`

Haha you must have been bold!
    not really, i don't really like easter egg chocolate just like halloween it's just an excuse for the manufacturers to box up sub standard product and get away with it.

the chocolate never tastes as good from an easter egg. i might go up to tescos in the morning and grab one though to see if they've improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

BrightEyes wrote: »
    None.

i did that before and they were all sold out! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

None.

Wait about a week and you will get them at dirt cheap prices:D
    Crazy how Tuthills hordes them for about two weeks following the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

Lir no added sugar easter egg with after dinner mints... yummy!!!
    didnt share cause i only got one and everyone else got 2 or more (not fair )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so got none. However I do love Crisps and sugary sweets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

eas_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

7 :eek: Now we know who ate all the eggs :p

It just the egg is the best tasting chocolate.... MMMMM! Egg and freshly popped popcorn..... oh yeah... Whoops - think I just orgasmed! ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got 3 plus a Lindt bunny which was long eaten before today.
    I got one from M&S which is nearly gone, an After Eights one which I hate so my Dad ate it, and a Bournville one which I would have loved a few years ago but now I don't really like it.

I remember the days when I used to get more than 10! Now one will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

A Rolo one with a mug. The mug is the best part for me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

A massive fúcker from Thornton's with toffee in the shell and my name on it in white chocolate. Oh yes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I only got one, and it was off my mammy :o

The Queen wrote: »
    It just the egg is the best tasting chocolate.... MMMMM! Egg and freshly popped popcorn..... oh yeah... Whoops - think I just orgasmed! ;):p

You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

1 - after 8.... the egg is minty :P

do you mean it has that minty bit inside the chocolate or just mint tasting chocolate? if it's the former i think i'll be camping outside tescos tonight.

You don't deserve an easter egg. ~hump~

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

None.

Same.
    cremo wrote:
    the chocolate never tastes as good from an easter egg. i might go up to tescos in the morning and grab one though to see if they've improved.
    I don't know the geometrical reasons but chocolate in the shape an egg always tastes better.

Must pick up some nice dark chocolate ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

None, they have easter bunnies in the US. :/ Not a huge chocolate fan either but I will pick up several packets of mini 'easter' snickers at half price tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement

do you mean it has that minty bit inside the chocolate or just mint tasting chocolate? if it's the former i think i'll be camping outside tescos tonight.

only mint tasting chocolate.... tastes the same as the normal ones though and theres a box of them with it! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd love an after eight one with the minty stuff oinside the shell and also a creme egg full of goodness. One day.

What's with all these, 'not fans of chocolate' poeple. W.t.f.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    You don't deserve an easter egg. ~hump~
    and that would be why?

bah only mint tasting :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I don't know the geometrical reasons but chocolate in the shape an egg always tastes better.

I reckon it's because the chocolate is thinner. Thats why I think animal bars are so nice.

I got 3 eggs and a few little ones (creme eggs etc.). They were all hidden around the house by the mother and we do an 'egg hunt' for them. Hidden in presses, creme eggs in the egg carton etc.

So my 12 year old bro wakes me up at 10 asking if I would like to do the egg hunt. I'm hungover but agree to it and tell him I'll be down shortly. Pop a pair of shorts on, make my way to the bathroom, look in the mirror...

He had wrote "EGG" across my forehead in red marker. I, hungover, scrubbed at it furiously with a towel.

I am currently sporting a red 2 inches x 1 cm rash on my forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd love an after eight one with the minty stuff oinside the shell and also a creme egg full of goodness.

According to one of the lads in my job, you wouldn't. His mate use to get loads of chocolate from working in cadbury's. You could buy it cheap as the packaging was incorrect i think. He ended up with a bag of cadbury's creme egg filling.

The lad from work took 2 spoonfuls of it and puked. His mate sat there eating it without a bother.

Had a M&S version of creme egg the other day. They're vile. Had a headache for most of the day afterwards :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Conor108 wrote: »
    Aero Mars Yorkie Rolo

yum
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Four eggs and not one of them Cadbury's?! ...how awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Anyone else think easter egg chocolate tastes cheap?

and that would be why?

Because your clearly a philistine.

Willstev wrote: »
    Anyone else think easter egg chocolate tastes cheap?

If you eat cheap easter eggs. Try a Lindt chocolate bunny.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I got 3 plus a Lindt bunny which was long eaten before today.
    I got one from M&S which is nearly gone, an After Eights one which I hate so my Dad ate it, and a Bournville one which I would have loved a few years ago but now I don't really like it.

I remember the days when I used to get more than 10! Now one will do!
    I've never seen a Bournville egg!! Ooh sounds yummy, I lurve Bournville. Agreed with you on the After Eight egg though, not that into mint chocolate now at all, which is strange coz I used to love it when I was a child :confused:

I got one egg: Cadbury's Caramel, but it's a big one!! :D

What's with all these, 'not fans of chocolate' poeple. W.t.f.

I agree, this thread is about appreciating chocolaty goodness, so appreciate it of GTFO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Seeing as our family doesn't do the thing where aunts/uncles/parents buy eggs for everyone I decided that since I'd only be getting one egg it might as well be a huge one, so my mum got me a huge Butlers egg which has mini egg truffles in it.

After getting this monstrous egg my boyfriendgave me an egg his mum had got for me, and then this morning my dad presented me with a snickers egg.

I'm going to be sick :(

i remember my brother thought when he was younger that in a creme egg easter egg it was a giant creme egg basically... he was so disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

3! A Galaxy, a Aero and a creme egg!

And then 'cause I was sad after the match I was given a Caramel Egg, savage buzz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I WISH they did giant creme eggs!

Chocolate and mint is such an awful combination, ruins perfectly good chocolate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Piste wrote: »

mmmmm +1 :D

I got one egg and got charged for two eggs by the aul ones for stealing two that were hidden away during the run up to easter mwahaha! Sad though...€10 :(

They sell giant homemade creme eggs on ebay at easter

Seeing as our family doesn't do the thing where aunts/uncles/parents buy eggs for everyone I decided that since I'd only be getting one egg it might as well be a huge one, so my mum got me a huge Butlers egg which has mini egg truffles in it.

After getting this monstrous egg my boyfriendgave me an egg his mum had got for me, and then this morning my dad presented me with a snickers egg.

I'm going to be sick :(
    No one said you have to eat them in the one day though!!

Although................... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

'Creme Egg' Egg
    'Crunchie' Egg
    Mini 'Buttons' Egg

I was off chocolate all lent so YAY for chocolate :D

Chocolate and mint is such an awful combination, ruins perfectly good chocolate :(
    make your own ;)

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=302

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

none yet, but then havn't been home yet

:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement