Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHat Are "GAY RIGHTS"????

Options
  • 23-03-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

And how do they differ from basic human and civil rights???:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭williambonney

IT Loser wrote: »

I couldn’t be 100% sure about this, but I think its to do with a chap called Daffyd in “little Britain”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Gay rights tend to be basic human rights applied to gays,bisexuals and transgendered. On one level its things like the right to live without fear of persecution,discrimination or harassment. There is still a problem with this is Ireland but not as much as there would be in countries where homosexuality is still illegal. Then theres issues to do with rights to get married or adopt.
    I couldn’t be 100% sure about this, but I think its to do with a chap called Daffyd in “little Britain”

You're not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Gay rights are basic civil rights which gay people are commonly denied under certain institutions and authorities. The gay rights movement is the political effort to have these rights affirmed, assured and instated.

The really important question is, why on Earth did you need to have that explained to you?

Advertisement