Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus, magician or messiah?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

All good stuff Gordon. I was thinking for the water into wine, even something as simple as cake dye/flavouring with some sleight of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

6th wrote: »
    Part of an article I found:

Article HERE

Not that I dispute that Jesus may have been nothing more than a conjurer, but that article is a load of tabloid style waffle.
    Jesus was a Sadist!- He didn't wash his hands!
    Jesus got angry at trees!

Interesting discussion though. I can't think of many more holy magic type incidences, other than getting pierced with a spear on the cross and water pouring out. Although there are some who say that was probably a load of fluid built up from his wounds or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 magic Leon

I thought I was the only one who thought like that. Should start up our own religion. Call it Magicality. We turn Magic into reality.
    sorry Jesus.
    Leon
    www.leonandersen.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

magic Leon wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one who thought like that. Should start up our own religion. Call it Magicality. We turn Magic into reality.
    sorry Jesus.
    Leon
    www.leonandersen.com

Dude, two words, Uri Geller.
    He's not even a good magician.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Has Geller got his own religion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 magic Leon

not sure. But i have debates with friends and family members all the time.
    I really feel strongly about it.
    If you think about it the first recorded magician was didi about 2000 years before jesus. jesus was ahead of he's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

6th wrote: »
    Has Geller got his own religion?

Not quite. But he does have quite a following still, though not a much after he got owned on the Johnny Carson Show.

Advertisement