Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My left ear.

Options
  • 23-03-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

It went up 4mm in about the space of a week... dont ask why i did that, because i really dont know why.

Bassicly, i went from 14-16mm at the start of the week, it was grand, slipped right through, no pain, or even feeling oof it going up tbh.
    But then i lost my plug, i guess it just fell out during a night of "fun" and just disapeared.
    so i went into metal morphisis and asked for a 17mm plug to throw in, cause i recconed i could get one in no bother, but they had none, as i found out, so baz threw in an 18mm for me, it didnt feel too bad going in, like, i had more trouble going from 9-10mm, but when i woke up this morning, its been feeling real raw and sore, not paining really, just like its dried out and a bit sore to touch.

Is there anything i could put on it to make it feel better, because its not actually dried out so i doubt moisturiser would do much like.
    And i dont wana take it out because i reccon it'll be ok in a few days, just lookin for a quick fix really!

Any advice?
    chanks a bundle! =]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

4mm is one week is asking for a blow out. I'd be surprised if it isnt already happening. If it was me I'd take out the jewelry right now, let it heal and stretch super slow. Like 1mm every 6 months minimum.

Don't know if there's anything you could put on it. Did you not tell your piercer you were just after stretching up 2mm?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hate to break it to you, but when you screw up a stretch there's no such thing as a 'quick fix'.

So you can a) downsize, or b) do nothing and enjoy your future difficulties with scar tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

For a piercer to do that to you raises serious questions about them imo. Downsize about 6mm, daily salt soaks, get some vitamin e oil in Holland and Barrat and massage that into the lobes daily also.

I'm thinking Cian didn't tell him, no piercer would do that knowingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

My piercers told me to come back in a week or two a few times since my ear wasn't ready to stretch. You can tell pretty easily by putting the taper in and judging the amount of give the ear has and the gap between the taper and the lobe. An experienced piercer should know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

thanks for the advice, i was looking at my ear, it looks ok, just a bit red, but my ears tend to be no matter how long i take.

but yeah, i took it out and i'll leave it out over night and put in a 14mm in the morning (smallest i have)

hope i dont get a blow out! had one on my right ear, and that was horrible... doesnt feel or look the same as that did tbh!

i did the same as you when i stretched from 16 - 18mm. It was stupid but I was lucky and caught it just in time.

Even if you don't have a blow out you could still have caused some scarring to the inside of your lobes which will make it harder to stretch in the future. Which, I seem to have done when I jumped 2mm.

well i hope it doesnt get any worse! my right ear take so long to stretch now, its so annoying, like my right ears at 6 and my left at 18/14 i guess now!

why didn't you stretch em at the same time? o.0
    throws off symmetry

i had one ear pierced before the other, and started stretching when my left when i got my right pierced, it use to be only 3mm in the difference, bit then i had a blow out at 6mm with the right, and im only back at 6 now, not smart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement