Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Pages per day ???

Options
  • 23-03-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Ok I would consider myself a slow reader:o and while I have plenty of time on my hands 50 pages per day is good for me .

How many pages per day do you read ??(On average) 33 votes

0-10
    0% 0 votes
    10-20
    0% 0 votes
    20-30
    9% 3 votes
    30-40
    15% 5 votes
    40-50
    12% 4 votes
    50-70
    15% 5 votes
    70-100
    21% 7 votes
    100-200
    15% 5 votes
    200-300
    12% 4 votes
    300+
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is that a question?
    Um, a few hundred I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Depends on what I'm reading - on average probably about 70-80 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Alice Junge

does the person who reads the most pages get a prize? is this a science or how do we know if they read it that they understand it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

does the person who reads the most pages get a prize? is this a science or how do we know if they read it that they understand it too?

Sorry no prize :p I was just curious I’ve heard so many people (particularly authors ) say that they are varowsios (pardon my spelling) reader’s but they never seem to say how quickly they read :confused:

ps

Im willing to bet that no matter how much any one reads they still wish they could fit more reading into their day :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Cannot say really. Depends totally on the author / style / words per page, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

+1
    I read non fiction much slower than fiction as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Depending on the book 40-50. There has been some books where I would read in bed and couldn't put it down and read 300+ in one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

I read 3000 pages a day... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Am I a cynic for thinking anyone that puts forward an answer is probably full of bs?

Seriously, it depends to such a massive extent on the book and the language used, not to mention your frame of mind, that it is utterly impossible to answer.

humbert wrote: »
    Seriously, it depends to such a massive extent on the book and the language used, not to mention your frame of mind, that it is utterly impossible to answer.

It's just a rough guess of your average :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Excluding textbooks? Never thought about number of pages per day read. I do read about a novel every week or two. Gets me to sleep at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I read non fiction much slower than fiction as well.

It's the opposite for me. I fly through non-fiction but crawl through fiction. Don't know why as I mostly read the latter. Perhaps it's the change of pace or maybe I'm just not as selective in the fiction I read.
    humbert wrote: »
    Am I a cynic for thinking anyone that puts forward an answer is probably full of bs?

No, but I think you might be taking the thread a little too seriously!

I tend to measure my reading in chapters rather than pages i.e. I always try and finish off a chapter before closing the book over, though this doesn't always work out if I'm tired. If the chapters are short, around ten pages or so, I'll probably read two, otherwise it'll be just the one.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    It's the opposite for me. I fly through non-fiction but crawl through fiction. Don't know why as I mostly read the latter. Perhaps it's the change of pace or maybe I'm just not as selective in the fiction I read.

Im the same , I think its because if it's non fiction I’ve picked it up because im really interested in the person / topic , if it's fiction ok im interested in it but im reading for pure entertainment at a leisurely pace as apposed to the former which I suppose you could say I read to educate my self in something that Im fascinated with at an enthusiastic rate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

completely depends on the type of book and/or author. funnily enough it also depends on the font style , font size , page dimensions, margins and language the book was written in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

On average?? Ok, I'd say about 67.23476 recurring pages a day so :p

Im the same , I think its because if it's non fiction I’ve picked it up because im really interested in the person / topic , if it's fiction ok im interested in it but im reading for pure entertainment at a leisurely pace as apposed to the former which I suppose you could say I read to educate my self in something that Im fascinated with at an enthusiastic rate

God I feel like I'm all unusual now (whereas before this thread I felt completely normal... :rolleyes:) I suppose it does depend on the non-fiction book. If it's a biography type one (though I don't read them v often) or a popular economicsy one, it's fast enough. But some of those current affairs type ones can take me quite a while (The Looming Tower took me about 2 weeks! :o) I blame the ultra small print and the difficult to remember names of the arab guys :p Some books are just so detailed. I imagine I would probably need to devote a year of my life to reading that Robert Fisk tome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

average since when? birth? cos it took me a while to get into books.

I'm inconsistent in my reading. I read nothing in january on account of work, then I read the magicians guild triology in about 6 days then nothing for another month, then another 6 books in the last 8 days (three were very short, and another was a Bill Bryson :rolleyes:)

Average? 10 pages a day?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I find for some strange reason it takes me about 2 minutes to read a page of fiction. No matter whether the text is really big or really small, I usually read about 30 in an hour. So if I read for 2 hours a day it would be about 60 pages.

I mostly read non-fiction for work, and that takes a lot longer to read, maybe 5-10 pages in an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

It usually takes me two evenings to read a book of about three to four hundred pages. I only stop if I can no longer stay awake.

Lobster wrote: »
    It usually takes me two evenings to read a book of about three to four hundred pages. I only stop if I can no longer stay awake.

Your my hero :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Your my hero :D
    Bearing in mind, my evening often ends around 3 am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

depends on how good the book is for me. if i'm really enjoying a book i can read 50+ a day no problem. however if it's boring and/or difficult to read i might only read 10 pages day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ALLE

I read 20-30 pages a day..:o
    [FONT=&quot]_________________
    [/FONT] wedding planning Forex Trading System

Advertisement