Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News for Norwegians?

Options
  • 23-03-2008 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there is much of a Norwegian community in Dublin?

Is there an Irish Norwegian forum/board out there somewhere?

I am bringing a young Norwegian band over to Dublin next week to play a gig and I was wondering where the best place to post news of it would be. I have already submitted a news item to the Embassy, though I'm not sure if it will be used!

Thanks for reading - any help or direction very gratefully appreciated.

Emmet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vidunder

I'm sorry, but as far as I know there's no Norwegian-Irish community, though there are a couple of well-nourished Swedish-Irish communities. Many Norwegians head there - those who care, at least :pac:

Which band is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Good luck on your venture OP.Last time i saw a nowwegian band in dublin was A-HA at the RDS way back in 1986 '' ........cry wolf ohoooooooooooo ah memories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vidunder

Gorgoroth came to Dublin last autumn :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

They did ? I liked the norwegian entry in the eurovision 2 years ago .

I voted for them to (seriously) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Thank you all for the replies - the Norwegian Embassy were very helpful and put the news of the concert on their website:

http://www.norway.ie/culture/events/music/sodafountainrag.htm

If anyone is around on Monday, do pop down and say hello!

Thanks again,

Emmet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement