Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

60 euros finders fee - Blue A4 drivers door 2002 (many years will suit it)

Options
  • 23-03-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi,

Need help sourcing a part for my car appreciate any help.

Im told there are a few years the same door was used on this model ? but havnt confirmed this. Its a tdi 1.9

Anyone that can spot a decent one from anywhere in the world I will gladly give them 60 euros.

Conditions:
    Has to be denim blue
    Decent condition
    I have to end up buying it. Will be glad to pay the finder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

KidCapree wrote: »

Nice find but wouldnt that be sweet in Denim blue.
    Colour matching a 2002 faded normally over the years, how close can they get it? For now I will chase the same colour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Try Traynors - something like this is it?

http://80.76.198.40/yard/photos.aspx?carid=22170

Been honest even if you do get the right colour is may still stick out like a sore thumb but then again may be not. Good luck on the search.

TomMc wrote: »
    Try Traynors - something like this is it?

http://80.76.198.40/yard/photos.aspx?carid=22170

Been honest even if you do get the right colour is may still stick out like a sore thumb but then again may be not. Good luck on the search.

> How close can a spray job be?

The lighter a colour the slightly harder to match so a medium blue might be that little bit easier. Trouble is if you have to repaint the door from a different colour altogether, they would probably have to blow in paint one or both sides of it, namely rear door and or the front wing. So may be best to keep looking for Denim Blue.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what years used the same door as the 2002 a4?
    Im was told 4 a few week back but didn’t write it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A4

Looks like 2000-2005. But better check with a VAGHead! Some years may crossover.

TomMc wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A4

Looks like 2000-2005. But better check with a VAGHead! Some years may crossover.

Could I just call Audi parts? Would they know? Who would know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I doubt it will match anyway. It would need to be same age and faded the same amount. Plus paints batches differ from new. Should be easy to spray it and blend it in with the rest of the side of the car.

Call Audi give them your chassis no and they will tell you. I'm pretty sure you will find your car is the same as most reg 2002-2004. The odd 01/05 yr A4 may be the same model as well. Depends whether it is a new model 01 or an old model 05. From 2005 on they got the new nose but it is possible the doors are exactly the same. But check with your dealer as I simply do not know. They will have all the parts and no's on file and be able to tell you which parts covers the various years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Get the paint code. It is (or should be) somewhere on the car (It is on the boot lid of certain Alfas). If you have a manual it should tell you where to find it-otherwise an Audi forum. Then, buy a door on e-bay or a breakers and then get the door fitted and painted by a local panel beater etc.

Everyone seems to agree that a spray job will be a better colour match than the "same" colour door from a scrap yard due to sunlight weather age effect.

If I get the door, whats a good price to install / spray the door. I need a quality job.

I'd forget about this thinking about a door been more aged looking than your own. It is a bit of a red herring. Unless it was seriously neglected it can be polished to match the rest of the car.

The real problem is that cars use different batches of paint on the assembly line as mentioned above, so even though it is the same colour, there can be a discernible shade difference when placed side by side. This cannot be rectified.

If you buy a 2nd hand door yourself, you would be looking at up to a grand to get it fitted and painted to match the panels either side of it. Some may do it for 500-750 but you better make sure they do first class work (and come highly recommended) or else it may be a cheaper job but an expensive error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think the paint code is in the boot, under the mat.

Give dempsey's dismantlers a ring on 096 45412, they have a pretty decent stock and might be able to sort you out.

Still looking for a door me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Try some of these.

All are breakers.

Oristown car dismantlers (kells)0469240165

Kilcock car dismantlers. 016285671

Caldwells car dismantlers. 0469243919

Martin cahill (Ballyjamesduff)0498544444

Cavan car dismantlers 0494365405

B/S Car parts(Duleek)0419823587

Try these im sure some of them have to have something if not let me know.

Will do.
    Ive been looking on ebay as well, so far no joy.

Advertisement