Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

off licence

Options
  • 23-03-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

is it just me or is ther a serious lack of off licene's in kilkenny, just got a mad idea i wanted a drink, normally get what i want in eurospar, dunnes, super valu ect wherever i happen to be doing me shopping, but seen as its easter sunday there all closed, i found 1 offie on john street thats all i could find, is there no next door offie's around or anything else, mad for few large bottles of cider :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There used to be a Nextdoor one in Parliament street but I think the premises is a restaurant or something now. A good few of the pubs seem to have attached offies as well as the supermarkets you mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Eurospar was open on Easter Sunday. As was Superquinn.

There are two off licenses on John Street, Egans and the Wine Centre. Am pretty sure there is one on New Street at Brennan's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Brennans oppisite the cinima.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Haha. Usually people complain that there are too many off-licences around :eek:

There's also an offie attached to the Glendine Inn out the Comer Road and one attached to the lovely Carroll's on Ballybough Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Firetrap wrote: »
    and one attached to the lovely Carroll's on Ballybough Street.

Oh yeah. Forgot about the one at Pelican House.

• Advertisement
Advertisement