Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When he wants to be with his friends: without you

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

missing you me and my boyfriend are the same. we are in a long distance relationship, we have no problem going out without each other but we usually run it by each other first as our time together is limited due to work and uni. i would be annoyed at being ignored too when you don't have the option of seeing eachother everyday

haha ive just seen that permission slip, might give it to him over the holidays just to see his face. thats great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

Yeah exactly, i just dont think he really realised lol and i told him and he was grand by it! so now we are great again! its while difficult when you are in a relationship i think thats long distance because you can smother each other in the time you spend together or not spend enough time! really have to find the balance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I do think in the case of a long distance relationship it is fair enough for a person to get pissed off with their other half for going out with their mates instead of spending it with them (unless there's a 21st/30th, stag/hen or whatever that they've already committed to).

I dont think thats completely fair when you are in the kind of relationship i am in, we both met in our hometown and in september both moved to different places, him to belfast and me to dublin. So it leaves us both not seeing our friends from home at all, i dont want to take him away from his friends when he rarely sees them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

A lot of guys won't bring their gf out as their male friends won't feel completely comfortable around them. Sure they could love your gf and think shes great but most guys won't fully let loose with them around. The slags, jokes and stories will all be toned down even if the gf doesn't mind. Its just the way a lot of guys act around women they aren't with.

There is a reason guys love 'no gf nights', they can all completely let go.

Sangre wrote: »
    A lot of guys won't bring their gf out as their male friends won't feel completely comfortable around them. Sure they could love your gf and think shes great but most guys won't fully let loose with them around. The slags, jokes and stories will all be toned down even if the gf doesn't mind. Its just the way a lot of guys act around women they aren't with.

There is a reason guys love 'no gf nights', they can all completely let go.

ladies can be the same, sometimes have to ban the boyfriend from girls nights so he doesn't know all the smut we talk ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sangre wrote: »
    Depends on the girl too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Maybe but a lot of guys wouldn't act that way around other people's girlfriends, irregardless of the girl. They just don't feel comfortable talking about certain things in front of women, especially not their own partners.

The girl might even think its hilarious but the bf might get annoyed at the lads for talking like that in front of her. Some guys are like that.

My point isn't about the girl, its about how guys can often act around girls.

It would take a while before I'd unleash my full arsenal on most women. Unless I'm purposely trying to annoy or freak them out.

OH DEARIE

what kinda things would you unleash on a poor innocent girl??

• Advertisement
Advertisement