Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Moderation

Options
  • 23-03-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering whether the regular moderators on the shooting forum might be reinstated? There have been a few incidents lately that I think could have used some moderation and I think the forum would be better for the return of more participative moderators. Just a thought and a suggestion.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Did you report the posts in question? Or PM ruggiebear?

He's around quite a bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Even if home rule isn't going to be reinstated any time soon, perhaps some mods of other forums could volunteer to cover the times when DeVore & RuggieBear aren't about?

rb_ie wrote: »
    Did you report the posts in question?

Yep.
    Or PM ruggiebear?

He's around quite a bit.

He hasn't been around since Friday according to his profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Did you report the posts in question? Or PM ruggiebear?

He's around quite a bit.

Might gum up the mod forum tbh. :p

In all seriousness though, there're a rake of posts at the moment, and a few posters who need a warning methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Might gum up the mod forum tbh. :p

In all seriousness though, there're a rake of posts at the moment, and a few posters who need a warning methinks.

Lol, point 'em out and I'll warn them :D

Something along the lines of "Oi, you, quit what you're doing, you know what I'm talking about, or I'll report you to the guy who'll post it on the mod forum to bring it to the attention of the c-mod of this category who'll probably send you an angry pm saying something like 'Oi, quit what you're at, we both know what I'm talking about so there's no need to explain it or you're banned'...so consider yourself warned!"

• Advertisement

Heh, that's less of a caricature than it might be... :p

Ah, I just think the place would benefit from the involvement again of someone within the forum community, who's involved in the discussions and such and who could keep an eye on the place a bit more thoroughly. RuggieBear, after all, has far more than the Shooting forum on his plate, as does DeVore, so neither could really give it the same attention a regular mod might. Just my thoughts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ruggie is busy with some RL stuff but hasn't gone far, should be back very soon. Keep reporting any new suspect posts and they'll be dealt with appropriately :)

IRLConor for Shooting (inc Hunting) mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I'm away from the computer at the moment. There will be lots of bans when i have the time to post properly.

Perhaps the ****ing forum should just be shut till i get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'll moderate the forum. I've no involvement in the sport. I've never posted on the forum, and I've only ever very occasionally read the posts. I've no bias for or against hunting either. I've no particular desire to be a moderator, its a shed load of hassle and all you get is abuse, but that said it may be time to contribute a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Boston wrote: »
    I'll moderate the forum. I've no involvement in the sport. I've never posted on the forum, and I've only ever very occasionally read the posts. I've no bias for or against hunting either. I've no particular desire to be a moderator, its a shed load of hassle and all you get is abuse, but that said it may be time to contribute a bit more.

I actually support this, I really cant see Boston being bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

amptest.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Spoke with Devore about this recently. He and Ruggie are both afk for the moment, but stuff is being reported and taken note of and it'll all end up fixed soon...

The reported posts have been passed on to smods...

IRLConor for Shooting (inc Hunting) mod!

:eek: Et tu brute?

Sparks wrote: »
    Spoke with Devore about this recently. He and Ruggie are both afk for the moment, but stuff is being reported and taken note of and it'll all end up fixed soon...

Cool. That's good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv been infracting any thing I spotted on the shooting board to keep track of it as well.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, I will be picking mods for the shooting forum shortly. Its been a bit of a busy weekend with the Irish Open poker championship on this weekend.

I'll have a look now.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Two recently reported posts dealt with but thats all that was reported it seems... Anything specific, PM me.

DeV.

Okay, that's grand. I'll report anything else that pops up, but hopefully it stays quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Its getting out of hand in this forum again, all is not quiet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why are the old mods not mods anymore?

Why are the old mods not mods anymore?

Info here and here.

In short, there was a load of muppetry that required iron-fist modding from the Admins to supress.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

IRLConor wrote: »
    Info here and here.

In short, there was a load of muppetry that required iron-fist modding from the Admins to supress.
    Looks like more than muppetry. I see in one of those threads there were threats of legal action against boards. :eek:

Its getting out of hand in this forum again, all is not quiet.

I don't think it's that bad. If you're talking about the Ivan thing, storm in a teacup. It's the widespread bickering from soapboxes that we need to worry about, and that seems to have been killed off and deleted for the moment. Individual silliness we can deal with. It's when half the forum is dedicated to grudge matches we need to worry, and that's exactly why it is as it is currently under direct administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sherifu wrote: »
    Looks like more than muppetry. I see in one of those threads there were threats of legal action against boards. :eek:
    That was the brick that did in the camel's spinal column allright, but muppetry's the right word for it because even the threats had no merit.

And I wouldn't say the current hiccups are down to just Ivan, though it's nowhere near as bad as it was right before Dev stepped in.

Advertisement