Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum - Airport 2am Cheapest way?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

From what i can see, Im best to take a taxi to the bewleys hotel, and take the aircoach from there. (to be exact, im on the churchtown road)

Any other options?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Tbh, just get a taxi and ask to go down the M50 all the way to the airport. At that time there'll be fck all traffic and you'll get there quickly, it's about €45 iirc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

€45 isn't the cheapest... Yeah, taxi to Bewley's or Stillorgan and Aircoach would probably be your best bet.

feylya wrote: »
    €45 isn't the cheapest... Yeah, taxi to Bewley's or Stillorgan and Aircoach would probably be your best bet.
    Or walk up to Nutgrove Avenue, one of the 16s goes out to the airport iirc and that costs like €1.50

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

I think the only option is the aircoach - my parents use it all the time and it's quick and cheap. You can forget the 16 if you're talking about being in the airport at 2am!

XJR wrote: »
    I think the only option is the aircoach - my parents use it all the time and it's quick and cheap. You can forget the 16 if you're talking about being in the airport at 2am!
    Lol, good point. I'm forgetting a different detail every time I post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

rb_ie wrote: »
    Tbh, just get a taxi and ask to go down the M50 all the way to the airport. At that time there'll be fck all traffic and you'll get there quickly, it's about €45 iirc.

If you're going to go by taxi don't take the M50 (it's over 40km) - straight through town is cheaper at that time. Taxis charge by the distance unless they drop below a certain speed (which won't happen at 2am when there are no traffic jams) and through town is shorter in km (about 20km). If you have a SatNav you can work it out. The AARoadwatch site is also useful. I don't even think the M50 would be quicker...

If you are trying to save on the pennies you'll also avoid the toll charge and remember that there is no charge anymore for luggage! (There's no charge for an airport pick-up now either if you're using one on your return journey.)

If you are going to meet the Aircoach at the Burlington be there 20 minutes in advance - I had to get the "3am" one once and it really did come 15 minutes early (as per website warning!). You don't want miss it by 2 minutes and sit in the cold for 20 minutes expecting it to come any minute!

Advertisement