Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Other Single Parents feel the same

Options
  • 24-03-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have searced for this on the net and to be honest there is nothing really that seems to be of any value...I'm a 22 year old single mum. I have just moved to Kilkenny and I have one daughter whom is nearly four...Children take up so much of your time but when your a single parent they take up nearly all of it so trying to meet new people is very difficult indeed...

Apart from one person I know I don't actually know many other parents especially because of my age... Most people I know or went to school with are now in college or travelling so we don't actually have that much in common with the way our lives are lived... I would love to get to know some other parents or if there are any groups at all where we could meet and get to know eachother...

If anyone else is in the same situation or knows of a group or something it would be great to hear from you...

Mel xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Www.gingerbread.ie

get in touch and see if there is a group running near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

check out the local living thread in discussions on www.rollercoaster.ie, it might be of some help. Heres a link:

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/local/mc.asp?ID=3620&G=15&forumdb=11

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mezzdon

Thanks a lot, I just checked them out and they seem to be great..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Parent and Toddler groups are excellent, and there seems to be one in every town or village. They are especially valuable to mothers like you who have just moved to the area. I've lived in my village all my life, but I started visiting mine to get to know all the new mums in the area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

There are two very nice parent & toddler groups that I know of in Kilkenny - one is in the presbyterian church at Green's Bridge on Tues & Wed am & the other is at Stoneyford on Mondays...there are always loads of Mum's at the castle park on a nice day or Kiddies Kingdom in Bagnalstown on a rainy one...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement