Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More/bigger file types for attachments?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible at all to allow more file types to be attached to posts? I'm specifically thinking of audio file formats (or bigger .zip files), it would make life easier for us on the Music Production forum as we currently need to use 3rd party hosting when sharing homemade mp3s/WAVs for collaboration etc.

Maybe I'm just chancing my arm here, I can recognise that there would be drawbacks for boards (eg potential for copyright infringement, higher storage requirements) but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for listening :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

your argument is valid, I think for a forum like music production, requires greater flexibility than normal ones.

I, despite not ever really posting in the music production, support something like this, or at least an alternative...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

better to use 3rd party for large files tbh. the servers seem like they are under enough strain already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd say stick with the 3rd party hosting for the reasons you outline above.

Advertisement