Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Ireland not have an All-You-Can-Eat Music subscription service?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

This is quite annoying. Napster have their subscription service in the US, UK, Canada & Germany, but not here. Rhapsody have theirs available in the US but not elsewhere. Last.fm allow American users to hear any track fully three times before deciding to buy. Pandora does not allow listeners outside the US.

I think it's fair to say it gets my goat. I read something over a year ago that said Napster had plans to go Europe-wide, but I've heard nothing since. However seeing how they now allow people to purchase songs with 02, does anyone know if this is on the horizon?

Could anyone fill me in as to why this hasn't happened yet? Is it purely down to administration inertia and costs? Or does Ireland have obscure media laws, or what is it?!

Thanks

Advertisement