Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

traumatic experience

• 24-03-2008 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I has the worst day last tuesday, my turtle got killed by its fellow turtle. I had noticed the few days beforehand that the smaller of my two turtles (Bobby Niro) wasn't looking the best. They are both only a year and a half and Bobby Niro hasnt grown that much and Weeble(the other one) had grown a fair bit. So on tuesday i took bobby out of the tank to have a closer look at him and his shell was soft, when i picked it up it bent, and i wasn't putting a lot of pressure on him or anything, So i looked it up and it turned out that he had soft shell syndrome. I felt so bad for him because its a terribly painful disease where they have trouble moving around etc. So i booked an appointment with the vet for the following morning.

At half twelve that same night i looked into the tank and i say Weeble following Bobby around. I went over and he was after ripping the back of Bobby Niro's shell off and it had ripped all the way around. I panicked and had to take him out of the tank. It was one of the worst experiences, i could see his bones and I knew he was in so much pain. I put him in a separate tub, wrapped it up in a towl and put it by the radiator for the night, hoping and hoping he would be alive to bring to the vet but i woke up the next morning and he was gone. The poor turtle. R.I.P. Bobby Niro

Has anyone else ever had an aggressive turtle who fought with the other?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Soft shell sydrome is really MBD, metabolic bone disease. It is caused by poor diet and/or incorrect habitat.....usually lack of sufficient lighting.

So if one of your turtles had it, chances are the same conditions will be affecting your other turtle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I think it's cool that someone called Shelli knows about turtles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I lolled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

tallus wrote: »
    I lolled!
    whats lolled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

When i was a child i had 9 red eared sliders and 1 was super aggressive and eat all the others legs, they where all fine though! stumpy bits but actually got around o'k! he grew massive though while all the weaker 1's grew slow.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement