Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair

Options
  • 24-03-2008 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

If I were to have an issue with Ryanair, concerning online booking and was unable to receive adequate explanation of the situation or proper recource... what consumer agency should I go to for help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It potential depends on the nature of the problem*, but National Consumer Agency sounds good for general problems. Your local Citizens Information centre may be of use.

What is the nature of the problem? Double booking?

* Problems with their premium rate numbers go to RegTel, aviation issues to the IAA, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Im not sure how critical I can be of them on here, but, basically this is what happened.

I booked a return flight from Dublin to Toulouse for the 18th-25th February, for a group of 4 including me. No problems there. The flights were both on Mondays, so a week in Toulouse.

I also booked another flight for another friend, Eoinm that was only able to come for the weekend.

I booked his flight for the Friday 22nd Feb, returning on the same flight as the rest of us on Monday 25th.

Same thing for both flights, online confirmation blah blah.

On Friday morning while in Toulouse, I got a call from Eoin. He was at the Information Desk. They were claiming no knowledge of the booking and refused to let Eoin board the flight.

He had the print out of the reservation with him, which I had mailed to him.

They would not except that. I gave Eoin my password for my Gmail account so that he could show them that I had received the e-mail. They were adament that no such booking ever occured.

All this happened during the days that their reservation system was down for maintenance, I find it to be a rather interesting coincidence that it should happen at that time.

They turned him away, and I was out of pocket for the flights, and he was out of pocket for the 2 he took off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭robric

im not in the know, but i would reckon the IAA would be a good place to start, did they charge your credit card for the flight? if so you would need that and the flight confirmation showing the amount as proof that they fooked up......

and joe duffy is always a good place to get your issue publicity, things tend to happen faster then,

Advertisement