Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

decode car stereo

Options
  • 24-03-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I bought a 01 Peugeot partner which was brought in from england. Problem is the battery was nackered so I replaced it and the bloody stereo is looking for a code which I can't get.
    I rang my local dealer which was happy to help until I gave him the van reg & he realized I didn't buy it from him so he said the guy that looks after that is on holidays :rolleyes:
    Is there anyone that knows where I can get the code...

Model No 22RC200/35
    Prod No FD1101469272403 (not sure if this is the serial no)

Now if anyone knows this model you'll know no one in there right mind would steal something that crappy but it keeps me entertained on the way to work.

Thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

It will have to be a Peugeot dealer and they will charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

zale wrote: »
    I bought a 01 Peugeot partner which was brought in from england. Problem is the battery was nackered so I replaced it and the bloody stereo is looking for a code which I can't get.
    I rang my local dealer which was happy to help until I gave him the van reg & he realized I didn't buy it from him so he said the guy that looks after that is on holidays :rolleyes:
    Is there anyone that knows where I can get the code...

Model No 22RC200/35
    Prod No FD1101469272403 (not sure if this is the serial no)

Now if anyone knows this model you'll know no one in there right mind would steal something that crappy but it keeps me entertained on the way to work.

Thanks
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I had a quick scan of my decoder software for you, it looks like its a philips based on the model number... The software that i have wants a dump of the EEPROM from inside the radio before it will decode it, ie it can't do it just based on the serial number of the radio....

I guess you checked all the usual places for the number... if you could get a dump of the EEPROM send me the file and i'll decode it for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭zale

Hi Mark

I guess you checked all the usual places for the number... if you could get a dump of the EEPROM send me the file and i'll decode it for you...

Thanks DD
    I checked for the code but your usual places may be different then mine.
    manuals, stereo itself, guy i bought it off, dealer he bought it off, local (not helpful) dealer & ashtray did I miss any.

:eek:
    Where or how do I get a dump of the EEPROM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

zale wrote: »
    Thanks DD
    I checked for the code but your usual places may be different then mine.
    manuals, stereo itself, guy i bought it off, dealer he bought it off, local (not helpful) dealer & ashtray did I miss any.

:eek:
    Where or how do I get a dump of the EEPROM

Someone will need to clip on an EEPROM programmer and read the contents of the EEPROM... the code is stored in the EEPROM.

Maybe someone else out there knows if it can be decoded from the serial number, but based on my checking it cant...

Most of the early coded stereos could be decoded based on the serial number, or based on the state of jumpers/links on the PCB... the ones from the late 90's on store the code in a EEPROM on the PCB.

Advertisement