Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Boards Kickball/Rounders/other silly game?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

The weather has been really nice lately, and though I'm as big a fan of the pub as everyone else, I've just had a random thought that maybe it would be nice to get together for some healthy-ish outdoor fun sometime?

Kick ball, or rounders, or something that requires as little hand/eye coordination as possible?

If this is a smelly brain fart, feel free to ignore me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm up for it Xiney, as long as it doesn't involve running of any kind, if it does ,I'll be the Orange Squash Providing Lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

sueme wrote: »
    I'm up for it Xiney, as long as it doesn't involve running of any kind, if it does ,I'll be the Orange Squash Providing Lady!

Ahem.. I'm sue's assistant then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Aw, girls the point is to all be crap at running around, without exception!!

Besides, the sisterhood has to stick together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I'm wrecked at the thought of running!

Xiney wrote: »

I'll run around, but I must insist on a Boards sponsored paramedic team to run after me.

• Advertisement

Which is why kickball/rounders is perfect... you don't have to run very far, or very fast. Especially if everyone is the same degree of slow.

It's all well and good to decry the loss of our public green spaces, but if we're not using them...?

sueme wrote: »
    I'll run around, but I must insist on a Boards sponsored paramedic team to run after me.

I promise to save your life as best as I can! I'll read up on CPR - I'm sure in practise it's not much different from theory...

I promise to save your life as best as I can! I'll read up on CPR - I'm sure in practise it's not much different from theory...

You and your funny Canadian ways.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I can see everyone meeting and throwing themselves down on the grass and that being that! :D

Haha, I guess at least then you're using the grass. We can work up to playing games :P

Really though, we need a few things:

1) a place to go - which green spot to use? preferably something central.

2) stuff: a couple balls, a light bat, and a frisbee (none of which I actually own, unfortunately)

3) Day/time

Suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dont forget the brotherhood

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I guess at least then you're using the grass. We can work up to playing games
    Depends on what you have in mind - I might join in ;)

Advertisement