Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing cheese

• 24-03-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to freeze cheese. I'm thinking Mozzarella but was wondering about all cheese's. I know you get cheese on frozen pizzas so was thinking of making my own and freezing them.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I bet you can - I freeze parmesan when I get a big piece and it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Yea, I am sure you can do this. I remember a friend of mine telling me that as part of some diet she was on she could freeze low fat cheese spreads (laughing cow triangles etc) and then grate them into food in place of full fat cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I freeze cheese quite often, although typically only medium-hard cheeses.

One thing to bear in mind is that freezing will affect the texture. I always find that cheese becomes much "crumblier" after freezing. If all you want it for is grating/melting (or if its pre-grated), then thats no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i used to freeze parmesan quite alot. I found it tasted lightly saltier after... but it is a great way to keep cheese.

Advertisement