Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista - Microsoft Office compatability

• 24-03-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Just bought a new laptop with vista, and am wondering if I need a vista Microsoft Office programme or will the old Microsoft Office CD that I used on my old laptop work on the new one???

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Womble25 wrote: »
    Just bought a new laptop with vista, and am wondering if I need a vista Microsoft Office programme or will the old Microsoft Office CD that I used on my old laptop work on the new one???

Thanks a million :)

Dont think the old office version will work with vista had problem with it myself, bought office 2007 instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,376 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

might depend on how old it is(the version), I'd say install it and see if it works

office 2003 should definitely work, or at least did for me

edit: right clicking the setup file and running as administrator could help or running in compatibility mode if still having problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

What version ? Office 2003 works fine ! In fact the new interface in 2007 is a pain for a lot of people and takes some getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,378 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've used office 2003 on Vista no problem... If it doesn't work there's always open office which will work and is free and stuff..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm currently using Office 2000 with Vista. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Womble25

Great thanks a million guys!! :)

I shall give it a whirl and see what happens!

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget you can't move office if it's an OEM copy , and if that's the case then you could try openoffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,959 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

In vista you can also let programs run in a compatibility mode:
    go to either the executable or in start menue - name of program
    then right click - properties
    "Compatibility" tab and then tick at "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose the windows os you were using before upgrading to vista.

This only works if the installation was successful, of course.

Advertisement