Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Field Study

• 24-03-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Having a little crisis here.
    Can anyone help me with the begininng or any part of the results part
    Really stuck here, all i have is the diagrams for the results but not a clue what to write for it anyone any help pls
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

what did ye do the field study on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

field study is on erosion we did it in athdown brook last oct
    we did :
    - CSA
    - Velocity
    - Gradient
    - Valley Profile
    - Bedload analysis
    - discharge

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

wierdal wrote: »
    field study is on erosion we did it in athdown brook last oct
    we did :
    - CSA
    - Velocity
    - Gradient
    - Valley Profile
    - Bedload analysis
    - discharge

I did the exact same field study at The Kippure estate(Athdown brook). For the results, conclusion and evaluation sections you want to have 9 srp's (short related points) as this is what its marked on by the examiner.

EG: "I discovered from my results using the charts and graphs included opposite(on the graph paper beside), that the lower course at: (grid reference) had a much larger water discharge at a much slower rate...this is because...(mention gradient, area, river features etc...)"

In that short paragraph all the bold itallic sections are a short related point.

When doing the results section first group the results of your two tests...then the conclusions of both tests..then the evaluation of both tests. Always use highlighted sub headings.

And all that should swing you full marks in the results section ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 teacher25

BJC wrote: »
    I did the exact same field study at The Kippure estate(Athdown brook). For the results, conclusion and evaluation sections you want to have 9 srp's (short related points) as this is what its marked on by the examiner.

EG: "I discovered from my results using the charts and graphs included opposite(on the graph paper beside), that the lower course at: (grid reference) had a much larger water discharge at a much slower rate...this is because...(mention gradient, area, river features etc...)"

In that short paragraph all the bold itallic sections are a short related point.

When doing the results section first group the results of your two tests...then the conclusions of both tests..then the evaluation of both tests. Always use highlighted sub headings.

And all that should swing you full marks in the results section ;)

did anyone here do the fieldstudy at petersburg ... I need some help on the conclusion and evaluation please ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

SRP Stands for Significant Relevant Point, not short related point!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

BJC wrote: »

Yup its significant relevant point. Those are conclusions not results. You have 3 srps there you just need to flesh them out a bit.
    1-had a much larger discharge in lc because...
    2-larger gradient in uc because...
    3-Larger csa in lc because...
    Those would be 3 srps for conclusion.
    Stating what the 3results are would be 3 srps for results
    Three things that went well or what you could change would be 3 srps for evaluation.

Anyone else agree with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AlanTheSheep.

hey... quick question.... how do you do a pie chart for bedload analysis? or what other graph could you do for it? :)
    Yours,
    Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AlanTheSheep.

just realized these are from 2010.... and 2008.... we're a bit late.... dang it

Advertisement