Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in Limerick

Options
  • 24-03-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm due to start work in Limerick next Monday and was just wondering which would be the best day to go looking for accommodation, when do the local papers come out and which one's are the best for accommodation listings?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I "think" the post is out on a thursday,best bet would be daft.ie.

Whereabouts you working and where you hoping to live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Limerick Leader is out on Monday and Wednesday, and comes out as the Limerick Chronicle on Tuesdays. Has rental adverts in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Depends on where you're going to be working and again...how long you're looking to lease for.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Cheers lads, I'll be working in the Raheen Ind. Estate but I've a friend that will be working in Shannon, the plan is to live together in Limerick, he has a car, so he is flexible enough although i hear traffic trying to get across the city is mental! I know there are buses from the city center out to the industrial estate so its a case of finding a happy medium, any idea's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'd suggest renting somewhere in the city centre, easiest for both of ye really since you'll have to get buses anyway. Life's too short to spend in the suburbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Better off in Raheen if you don't have a car and trying to get there at peak.
    Ballycummin

Oakleigh Wood

SCR
    Closer to the City, practically on the Dock Road and a 5/10 minute walk to a bus stop half way to Raheen.

Church Road
    Probably the closest you'll get to Raheen Ind. Estate

Housemate can cross onto the dock road ina bout 20 minutes in the morning (7:30), 30 mins to the Condell Bridge and then 20 to Shannon. It's about a 25 minute journey without traffic. Gettin through the city will be just as bad if you go closer. Long term the tunnel will cut the whole Dock Road part out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭shanejunkin

Hi All,

I'm starting work in the technological park in two weeks. Where is a good place to live? I hear that Castletroy and Annacotty are OK, is that the case. Is there any area that I should avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

castletroy and annacotty are good, try looking for glenside, brookfield etc,

maybe avoid college court and elm park. be wary of houses in milford grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

jackncoke wrote: »
    I "think" the post is out on a thursday,best bet would be daft.ie.

Whereabouts you working and where you hoping to live?

+1 for Daft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

Hey all
    Im hoping to get a good response to this. Theres a single room to rent in a 3 bed house. Sharing with me (female) and another female. Rent is 240 per month and for the location of the house thats a steal. We dont mind male or female moving in.
    The house is located 5 mins from the city centre and 1 min from Off License, 2 pubs and a shop plus private parking.
    Hope to hear back from those interested. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement